[JPL] PLAYLIST: "General Eclectic", WCVF-FM, 8/4/06 - Jeremy Gloff interview

Tom Bingham mason2042 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 16:44:08 EDT 2006

  Singer-songwriter Jeremy Gloff, a sort of modern-day Elton John, was
gracious enough to stop by the WCVF studios for an intervier this afternoon,
to talk about the latest of his 14 (count 'em) albums. This was actually a
homecoming for Jeremy, who hails from Fredonia (he now lives In Tampa, FL),
and used to hang out at WCVF-FM in the '90's.
   Caller favorites today included The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band
(washboard blues), Kat Parra (Latin jazz and charanga), New Age musician
Kevin Keller (thanks for the ID, Kevin!), the International Groove
Conspiracy (Latin jazz), the Anonymous 4 (a Sacred Harp number from their
new hymn collection, with Darol Anger and Mike Marshall), traditional
singer-harper Nick Hennessey, and Native American flute master Andrew
Vasquez. My personal pick for the day is Riley Baugus - old-time Appalachian
music with the fur left on. To the list:

HOUR #1:
The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band - My Old Man Boogie - Big Damnation

Jeremy Gloff - interview, incorporating the following selections from the
album, Now's the Right Time To Feel Good:
  - Flight #7
  - Dancing In Your Blue
  - My Silver Lining

Al Garcia - The Red Queen's Race - Alternate Realities

Kat Parra - Dame La Llave - Birds In Flight

Dave Van Ronk - Losers - Going Back to Brooklyn

Sister Rosetta Tharpe - What is the Soul of Man (Cherry Sheriff Alfa Romeo
Remix) - maxi-single CD

Michael Lille - Just Another Song - Suitable Disguise

Lisa Richards - Dance - Mad Mad Love

HOUR #2:

Kevin Keller - Fireflies in the Garden - preview CD for forthcoming
Santiago's Dream

International Groove Conspiracy - Timbeao - Future of Jazz, Vol. 21 (various
artists)

Amy Gerhartz - Anyway - The Uphill Climb

Dan Politano - Another Year - Staring With My Eyes Closed

Anonymous 4 - I'm On My Journey Home - Gloryland

Nick Hennessey - Lord Franklin - A Rare Hunger

Pat Wictor - Heaven Is So High - Heaven Is So High . . . And I'm So Far Down

Kieran Kane, Kevin Welch & Fats Kaplin - Monkey Jump - Lost John Dean

Andrew Vasquez - Walk Me to the Water - Watercolors (various artists)

Riley Baugus - June Apple - Long Steel Rail

Vance Gilbert - A Change Is Gonna Come - Angels Castles Covers

Cow Cow Davenport - Cow Cow Blues (Take B) - Picking the Blues: Boogie
Woogie Pioneers (various)

Gene Krupa - Lover - Live Jazz From Club 15: Stan Getz/Gene Krupa/Maynard
Ferguson

Jay McShann - Kansas City - 30 Years of Stony Plain (various)
     --
Tom Bingham
"General Eclectic"