[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH, Boston 8/4/06

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Aug 5 00:02:06 EDT 2006

JAZZ FROM STUDIO FOUR
Friday, Aug 4, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

FUNDRAISING PLEDGE SHOW

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Louis Armstrong ; (b. 8/4/1901): You Go to My Head, Let's Do It (Verve)
Louis Armstrong; Duke Ellington : I'm Just A Lucky So and So,
The Great Summit (Roulette)

8:21pm
Christian Scott: Kiel, Rewind That (Concord)
Andy Bey: Just Friends, Tuesdays in Chinatown (NCoded Music)

8:41pm
Etta Jones: Fine and Mellow, Don't Go To Strangers (Prestige)
Reuben Rogers: Just in Time, The Things I Am (Renwick Entertainment)
Roy Hargrove: Nothing Serious, Nothing Serious (Verve)

9:01pm
Hank Jones & Frank Wess: Sara's Song, Hank & Frank (Lineage Records)
Buck Hill: Milestones, Relax (Severn Music)

9:21pm
Joe Lovano: Boplicity, Streams of Expression (Blue Note)
Francisco Mela: Arere, Melao (Ayva Music)

9:41pm
McCoy Tyner: New Orleans Stomp, Illuminations (Telarc)
Robert Glasper: Rise and Shine, Canvas (Blue Note)

10:06pm
Roberta Gamborini: Only Trust Your Heart, Easy To Love (Groovin' High)
Etta Jones: Don't Go to Strangers, Don't Go To Strangers (Prestige)

10:21pm
Ray Barretto: Travelin' Light, Standards Rican-ditioned (Zoho)
Eric Reed: Kokomo, Here (MaxJazz)

10:40pm
Luciana Souza; Rmoero Lubambo: Dindi,
Live at Sanders Theatre (ONLY ON 89.7FM)
Eddie Palmieri; Brian Lynch: In Walked Bud, Listen Here! (Concord Picante)

11:00pm
Lee Konitz; @ Regatta Bar, Cambridge, MA tonight: I Hear A Rhapsody,
Toot Sweet (Sunnyside)
Lee Konitz: Thing-In, Three Guys (Enja)
Lee Konitz: You Don't Know What Love Is, Motion (Verve)

11:22pm
Lee Konitz: The Night Has A Thousand Eyes, Dovetail (Sunnyside)
Lee Konitz: Crazy He Calls Me, Very Cool (Verve)
Lee Konitz: Subconsious-Lee, Subconsious-Lee (Prestige)

11:40pm
Lee Konitz: Footprints, Yes Yes Nonet (Steeplechase)
Lee Konitz: For Heaven's Sake, Strings for Holiday (Enja)
Lee Konitz: In A Sentimental Mood, Jazz Nocturne (Evidence)

Only on 89.7! performances and recordings are exclusive WGBH Radio
productions and are not commercially available.