[JPL] playlist - "My Favorite Things" for The Week of August 6, 2006

MFT Jazz mft at mftjazz.com
Sat Aug 5 22:26:26 EDT 2006

My Favorite Things for The Week of August 6, 2006

The music of Thelonious Monk headlines this edition of My Favorite Things.

We listen to performances of Monk tunes by Hank Jones, George Shearing,
Wynton Marsalis, and Jamie Davis.

Join us for this week's edition of My Favorite Things.
<http://www.mftjazz.com>

This week's tunes:

42nd. Street - Eric Reed - Pure Imagination

Serenata - Paquito D'Rivera - Tico! Tico!

Straight No Chaser - Jamie Davis - It's A Good Thing

Let's Call This - Bill Mays Trio - Live At Jazz Standard

Bright Mississippi - Wynton Marsalis Septet - At The Village Vanguard

I Mean You - George Shearing/Hank Jones - The Spirit of 176

Mason Dixon Line - Cyrus Chestnut - Genuine Chestnut

Goin' To Town - Deep Blue Organ Trio - Goin' To Town

Mandela - Abdullah Ibrahim - Water From An Ancient Well

You Are - Benny Carter - Legends
--

*Russ Neff
/My Favorite Things/