[JPL] Jazz Rock World interviews Walter Kolosky

jazzrockworld rick at jazzrockworld.com
Mon Aug 7 13:02:54 EDT 2006

The first Internet interview with the author of "Power, Passion, and Beauty
- The Story of the Legendary Mahavishnu Orchestra - the greatest band that
ever was", by Walter Kolosky can be found at

www.jazzrockworld.com

or a direct link at

http://www.jazzrockworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=103

I found the book interesting as a myth buster that squelched many rumors
that surrounded the band back in the day. Beyond the obvious information
about the band itself, the book stands on it's own as an incredible "inside
look" at the beginning of Fusion and how the band affected so many people.

While the book is a great read for old-timers, it also helps link Fusion
with Jazz and makes it interesting to a much wider audience.

Best,

Rick Calic
www.jazzrockworld.com

P.S. I know I offended many with my Jazz and Fusion debacle, and my
apologies for bad manners are needed and given. As I mentioned in another
post - it's pretty silly to be a torch bearer for a cause when the torch is
burning down the house. Again, my apologies.