[JPL] Playlist Jazz Rendezvous on FMR Cape Town SA

Eric Alan at Jazz Rendezvous eric at jazzrendezvous.co.za
Tue Aug 8 12:49:25 EDT 2006

FINE MUSIC RADIO 101.3 MUSIC LOG Sheets 2006
Program Title: JAZZ RENDEZVOUS
Presenter: ERIC ALAN
Date Tuesday August 08, 2006
Time - 19h00 to 20h00

ALBUM TITLE --- SONG TITLE --- ARTIST --- RECORD COMPANY

Jazz Rend Show Intro / Outro --- City Rhythm --- Gary Deacon --- Demo --- SA
Music

Vivid Africa --- Extra Chilli --- McCoy Mrubata & Greg Hadjiyorki Georgiades
--- Melt 2000

TUESDAYS TRIPLE TREAT of TRAD - Three trad jazz tunes played back to back

On Stage --- White Cliffs Of Dover --- Papa Bue's Viking Jazzband ---
Timeless

Trad Jazz Special --- When You're Smiling --- Terry Lightfoot --- Delta

Iqhawe Satchmo 2 --- You Rascal You --- Donald Tshomela --- Demo

JAZZ MUSIC NEWS OF THE DAY

NOSTALGIA NOTEBOOK - What's the Name Of The Tune

Great Swing Classics in Hi-Fi --- Jumpin' at the Woodside --- Benny Green
and his Orchestra --- Capitol Jazz

I'm Old Fashioned --- I Got This Bridge --- Frits Beyens Big Band feat Tutu
Puoane --- Demo

ALBUM OF THE WEEK - Playing a  track from the album daily for the week -
This weeks album is; Dear Mr Sinatra by John Pizzarelli

Dear Mr Sinatra (JP) --- I've Got You Under My Skin --- John Pizzarelli ---
Telarc Jazz

MUSIC BIRTHDAY BOOK

Underneath A Brooklyn Moon --- I've Got My Finger on a Star --- J C Hopkins
Biggish Band feat Queen Esther --- Tigerlilly Records

Hot Swing, Cool Jazz --- Pardon My Southern Accent --- Nancy Osborne ---
Nancy Osborne

PLAY BACK FROM WAY BACK - Guess who the singer is?

Atlantic Jazz Vocals Voices Of Cool Vol 1 --- It's Raining --- Ruth Brown
--- Atlantic / Gallo

Big Band Poesie --- Everything Has It's Own Time --- Vienna Art Orchestra
--- Universal

Ahead --- From The Old --- Mark Fransman's Strait & Narro --- Bowline

Eric Alan

RADIO SHOW HOST:
"JAZZ RENDEZVOUS with Eric ALAN" on Fine Music Radio 101.3 weekdays from
19h00
Editor:  JAZZ RENDEZVOUS WEBSITE – Soon to Be Launched Web Address:
http://www.jazzrendezvous.co.za
Contributor and CD Reviewer to the ALL THAT JAZZ column in THE ARGUS every
Wednesday
Cape representative to the National ICASA forum for the promotion and
development of SA Music.
SAMA (Judge South African Music Awards)
Member SAJE (South African Jazz Educators Association) and IAJE
Master of Ceremonies Cape Town International Jazz Festival and the Cape Town
Jazzathon,
Postal Address: Postnet Suite 261, Private Bag X16, Constantia, 7848. Cape
Town, South Africa
Phone Mobil:	27 – (0)21– 82 – 456 – 2195
Phone Home:	27 – (0)21– 683 – 9845
Skype:		ericalan2
Email:		eric at jazzrendezvous.co.za
When in Cape Town or on the internet remember to tune in to Jazz Rendezvous
on Fine Music Radio 101.3 every day, Monday to Friday from 19h00. FMR
streams at www.fmr.co.za