[JPL] Playlist: WDIY & Doodlin'

Mo Noretsky mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Wed Aug 9 14:32:49 EDT 2006

WDIY-FM (88.1 and webcasting on wdiy.org)
community public radio/NPR affiliate serving the Lehigh Valley region
of PA
(Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton)
301 Broadway
Bethlehem, PA 18015
610-694-8100
Mo Noretsky, WDIY Jazz Coordinator
mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Top Station Plays - 8/9/06 (20 hours of weekly Jazz/Blues Programming)
Top 10:
Brad Mehldau - House on Hill - Nonesuch
Nancy King - Live at the Jazz Standard - MaxJazz
Regina Carter - I'll Be Seeing You - Verve
Laszlo Gardony - Natural Instinct - Sunnyside
Jon Faddis - Teranga - Koch
Joe Lovano - Streams Of Expression - Blue Note
Tania Maria - Intimidade - Blue Note
Dr. Lonnie Smith - Jungle Soul - Palmetto
Frank Morgan - Reflections - High Note
Joe Locke/Geoffrey Keezer - Live in Seattle - Origin
11-20:
Bob Lark/Phil Woods - In Her Eyes - Jazzed Media
Eric Reed - Here - MaxJazz
D.D. Jackson - Serenity Song - Justin Time
Ramona Borthwick - A New Leaf - Whaling City Sound
Bob Dorough - Small Day Tomorrow - Candid
Co-op Bop - Co-op Bop - self
Metta Quintet - Subway Songs - Sunnyside
Eldar - Blue Note - Sony
Avishai Cohen - Continuo - Raz Daz
Elliot Caine - Blues from Mars - EJC
and...
David Bixler - Call It A Good Deal - Zoho
Steve Feierabend - Converging Paths - self
Jerry Harris - Things to Come - Baronial
Carla White - A Voice in the Night - Bright Moon
Freddie Cole - Because of You - High Note
Hank Jones & Frank Wess - Hank & Frank - Lineage
Linda Dachtyl - Blue Bop - Chicken Coup
Native Soul - Rough Jazz - Apria
Tom Beckham - Center Songs - Apria
Joe Gilman - View So Tender:  Wonder Revisited - Capri
Buck Hill - Relax - Severn
Christian Jacob - Contradictions - WilderJazz
Dave Kikoski - Lighter Way - Apria
Nancy Kelly - Born to Swing - Amherst
Marilyn Harris - Round Trip - Wrightwood
Rob Whitlock - Sketchin' 2 - Sketchin
Brad Goode - Hypnotic Suggestion - Delmark
Roy Hargrove - Nothing Serious - Verve
Ben Allison - Cowboy Justice - Palmetto
The Jazz Circle - Joshua - Jazz Circle
Human Motion -  Human Motion -  Jeff Greene Music
Brian Swartz - Three - Summit
Ginny Carr - After All These Years - House Kat
Ian Dogole - Convergence - Jazzheads
Ed Spargo  - Ed Spargo - self
Francisco Mela - Melao - Ayva Music
John Stein - Cencerto Internacional de Jazz - Whaling City Sound
Jessica Williams - Billy's Theme - Origin
Frank Kimbrough - Play - Palmetto

Adds:
Ray Barretto - Standards Rican-ditioned - Zoho
Scott Hamilton - Nocturnes & Serenades - Concord
Elias Haslanger - Dream Story - Cherrywood
Reuben Rogers - The Things I Am - Renwick
Dave Stryker - The Chaser - Mel Bay

Doodlin' - August 8, 2006 - Host: Mo Noretsky
Artist - Song - Album - Label
Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - Doodlin' (Theme) - Twisted - Rhino
Tania Maria - Intimidade - Intimidade

Buck Hill - Relax - Relax - Severn
Rob Whitlock - Gotta Insulator - Sketchin' 2 - Sketchin'

Brad Mehldau - August Ending - House on Hill - Nonesuch
Esperanza Spalding - Loro - Junjo - Ayva
Reuben Rogers - The Things I Am - The Things I Am - Renwick

Jon Faddis - Waltz for My Fathers & Brothers - Koch
Freddy Cole - Blame It On My Youth - Because of You - High Note

Native Soul - Rough Jazz - Rough Jazz - Apria

Nancy King w/Fred Hersch - Ain't Misbehavin' - Live at Jazz Standard
- MaxJazz
Bob Dorough w/Trudy Kerr - Nothing Like You - Small Day Tomorrow -
Candid
Scott Hamilton - Man With a Horn - Nocturnes & Serenades - Concord

David Kikoski - Joyous - Lighter Way - Apria
D.D. Jackson - Chi-pin's Song - Serenity Song - Justin Time

Christian Jacob - Rachid - Contradictions - WilderJazz
Warren Vache - Molly on the Shore - Don't Look Back - Arbors
Daniel Smith - In a Sentimental Mood - Bebop Bassoon - Zah Zah

Elias Haslanger - Street Beat - Dream Story - Cherrywood
Horace Silver - Doodlin' (Theme) - Best of - Blue Note