[JPL] Walter Becker blindfold

POWDERSPAM at aol.com POWDERSPAM at aol.com
Wed Aug 9 15:42:31 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/9/2006 3:22:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
EdBride at aol.com writes:

I never  said, nor do I think I implied, that someone's playing on soprano
saxophone had less validity than on other instruments. I just think this
instrument is a more difficult fit in Jazz, and many (if not most) alto,   tenor,
and bari players recognize that fact; either that, or they recognize  that
the audiences might go nuts (or go away) if they only played  soprano.

it also doesn't help the instrument's image here knowing that kenny g. is
probably the most successful soprano sax player ever. painful.