[JPL] soprano respect

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Wed Aug 9 15:44:43 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/9/2006 3:35:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
OntheBeach at aol.com writes:

<<..there is some spectacular music out there you are missing if  you dont
dig the straight horn!..>>

Agreed. In fact, when Dave Liebman played Miles' part on Birth of the Cool
at IAJE this year, it was half-way through the performance before I recognized
that something was out of the ordinary. I guess that's the ideal: when you
hear  something and the instrument is not foremost on your mind.

Bob Florence write to that effect...make the instrument so inherent  that it
is not obvious; Gene Roland did that, too, on Kenton's "Adventures in  Blues."

Ed