[JPL] Playlist - "The Sounds of Jazz" KRFC 88.9 FM

EFLASH17 at comcast.net EFLASH17 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 9 19:20:04 EDT 2006

"The Sounds of Jazz"
Host:  Eric "Flash" Flashner
Tuesdays, 10am-Noon
88.9 FM KRFC - Fort Collins, CO
www.krfcfm.org

8/8/2006

{Artist - "Track" - Album - Label}

Grant Green – “Jan Jan” – Live at Club Mozambique – Blue Note

Interview with Peter Sommer (Organizer, Performer, Professor of Jazz Studies at Colorado State University) about the Longmont Jazz Festival (longmontjazz.org) and selections from performers at this year’s festival August 13th – 20th.

Marguerite Juenemann – “Yearning” – By Whose Standards

Dale Bruning – “Between The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea” – Songs of Harold Arlen – JazzLink

Vern Baumer – “I Can’t Give You Anything But Love” – The Jazz Gathering

Ken Walker Sextet – “Terra Firma” – Terra Firma – Synergy

Peter Sommer – “Harmaj” – Sioux County – Tapestry

Hampton Hawes – “Up Blues” – Four! – Contemporary/Concord

Peter Zimmer Quintet – “Getting Dizzy” – Burnin’ Live at The Jazz Standard – Tippin’

Gary Smulyan – “Jahbero” – Hidden Treasures – Reservoir

Larry Vukovich Trio – “I Ain’t Got Nobody” – Street Scene – Tetrachord

Herbie Hancock – “Rain Dance” – Sextant – Columbia

Steve Bernstien’s MTO – “Toby” – MTO Volume 1 – Sunnyside

Yusef Lateef – Snafu – Eastern Sounds – Prestige/Concord

Rusty Bryant – Zoo Boogaloo – Rusty Bryant Returns – Prestige