[JPL] Re: Paoli Mejias "Transcend"

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Wed Aug 9 19:51:09 EDT 2006

Maurice Hogue of CKUW wrote <<<< Anyone besides WEMU and my show discovered
this
wonderful recording by percussionist Paoli Mejias?   Arturo?
I've been playing it a ton at home.  Exciting music!
Check it out. >>>>>

But of course, we have had the Cd for about 3 weeks now in our Currents
daily rotation. We are friends with Paoli and his promoter based in So Cal.

I agree with your assesment, it does as the title suggests, transcend the
boundaries of traditional jazz Latino.

Arturo Gómez
Music Director, jazz89KUVO
The Oasis In The City