[JPL] Straight No Chaser (WSHA-FM - www.wshafm.org) 08-09-06

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 9 23:57:42 EDT 2006

8pm
Arthur Blythe/Sam Rivers, Night Train (Roots: Stablemates)
The JB Horns, Picture on the wall (I Like It Like That)
Skerick's Syncopated Taint Septet, Taming the Shrew (Husky)
Tara Fuki, Senna (Kapka)
Don Braden, She's On Her Way (workin')
Billie Holiday, Day in day out (Songs for Distingue Lovers)
Steven Bernstein's Millennial Territory Orch., Happy Hour Blues (MTO Volume
1)

9pm
Randy Weston & His African Trio, Blue Moses (Zep Tepi)
Ernie Andrews, Articulated Blues/Parker's Mood (The Many Faces of Ernie
Andrews)
Lonnie Smith, Jungle Wisdom (Jungle Soul)
Dave Douglas, Blues to Steve Lacy (Meaning & Mystery)
Odean Pope Trio, Coltrane Time
Odean Pope Saxophone Choir w/Michael Brecker, Coltrane Time
Tara Fuki, title cut (piosenki do snu)
The Lounge Lizards, The First and Royal Queen (Queen of All Ears)
Ernest Dawkins' New Horizons Ensemble, Lookin' for Ninny (The Messenger @
Velvet Lounge)
Larry Vuckovich Trio, As Time Goes By Mambo (Street Scene)

10pm
Clifford Brown, Delilah (Ultimate Clifford Brown)
Moncef Genoud, Summertime (Aqua)
Paul Bollenback, Unchain My Heart (brightness of being)
Jon Faddis, Hey Lalo (Teranga)
Kat Parra, title cut (birds in flight)
Renaud Garcia-Fons, Amadu (Alborea)
Nachito Herrera, Yes or No (Live at the dakota)
Nancy Kelly, You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To (Born to Swing)
The Joe Gilman Trio, I Wish (View So Tender: Wonder Revisited)

11pm
Wayne Shorter, Infant Eyes (Classic Blue Note Recordings)
Andrea Wolper, Small Day Tomorrow (The Small Hours)
Buck Hill, Sad Ones (relax)
Avram Fefer & Bobby Few, Ask Me Now (kindred spirits)
Scott Hamilton, I'm Glad There Is You (nocturnes & serenades)
Marty Ehrlich, Hymn (Line On Love)
Bud Powell/Don Byas, All The Things You Are (A Tribute to Cannonball)

Bob Rogers
2816 Barmettler Street
Raleigh, NC 27607
WSHA - www.wshafm.org