[JPL] Newport Jazz Festival?

Tom Mallison tomthejazzman at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 10 14:05:33 EDT 2006


I am on my way arriving Friday afternoon.  Saw Cedar Walton last night 
with Vincent Herring and Steve Turre at Dizzy's and seeing James Moody 
tonight at Iridium prior to driving up on Friday.  Looking forward to 
connecting with many.  I understand Derick Lucas from WGMC will be thee 
on Sunday base on my last conservation with Derrick.  ALOHA  Tom

Ron Gill wrote:

>-------------------------------------------
>
>This week's sponsor: Anton Schwartz ''RADIANT BLUE''
>
>-------------------------------------------
>
>The Jazz Programmers Mailing List is a free service provided by JazzWeek.
>For more information visit us at  http://www.jazzweek.com/jpl
>To become a sponsor contact Ed Trefzger 
>at ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com or 866-453-6401.
>
>-------------------------------------------
>=====================
>From: "Jackson, Bobby" <Bobby.Jackson at ideastream.org>
>Date: 2006/08/09 Wed AM 10:46:05 CDT
>To: Jazz Programmers Mailing List <jazzproglist at jazzweek.com>
>Subject: RE: [JPL] Newport Jazz Festival?
>
>-------------------------------------------
>
>This week's sponsor: Anton Schwartz ''RADIANT BLUE''
>
>-------------------------------------------
>
>The Jazz Programmers Mailing List is a free service provided by JazzWeek.
>For more information visit us at  http://www.jazzweek.com/jpl
>To become a sponsor contact Ed Trefzger
>at ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com or 866-453-6401.
>
>-------------------------------------------
>
>Will miss you and the family Bobby.
>Ron Gill
>
>Wished I could be there.  There's always next year.
>
>Aloha,
>
>Bobby
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com
>[mailto:jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com] On Behalf Of
>jturton at comcast.net
>Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 11:31 AM
>To: Jazz Programmers Mailing List
>Subject: Re: [JPL] Newport Jazz Festival?
>
>-------------------------------------------
>
>This week's sponsor: Anton Schwartz ''RADIANT BLUE''
>
>-------------------------------------------
>
>The Jazz Programmers Mailing List is a free service provided by
>JazzWeek.
>For more information visit us at  http://www.jazzweek.com/jpl
>To become a sponsor contact Ed Trefzger 
>at ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com or 866-453-6401.
>
>-------------------------------------------
>It's supposed to be  a terrific weekend for weather.....I'll see you
>there
>
>Jeff
>
>
> -------------- Original message ----------------------
>From: Eric Jackson <eric-jackson at comcast.net>
>
>  
>
>>The Newport Jazz Festival is happening this weekend. I'm just curious
>>    
>>
>who will 
>  
>
>>be attending from this list.
>>
>>I think all the WGBH announcers will be there. Ron Gill, Steve
>>    
>>
>Schwartz, Al 
>  
>
>>Davis, Kevin Ball and myself will handle most of the introductions on 
>>Saturday and Sunday.
>>
>>Tom the Jazzman Mallison is usually there. Jeff Turton is often there.
>>    
>>
>Jon 
>  
>
>>Hammond also usually attends. Anybody else?
>>
>>Eric Jackson
>>8 pm - mid Mon - Thurs
>>WGBH Boston
>>89.7 FM
>>www.wgbh.org/jazz
>>www.wgbhblogs.org/jazz
>>-------------------------------------------
>>
>>    
>>
>-------------------------------------------
>
>This week's sponsor: Anton Schwartz ''RADIANT BLUE''
>
>-------------------------------------------
>
>Anton Schwartz ''RADIANT BLUE''
>
>The tenor saxophonist and composer's strongest release to date ... at
>radio now.
>
>Featuring
>       Anton Schwartz  (tenor sax)
>       Peter Bernstein  (guitar)
>       Taylor Eigsti  (piano)
>       John Shifflett  (bass)
>       Tim Bulkley  (drums)
>
>''Sharp arrangements and crisp straight ahead playing that seems to hit
>all the right notes.''
>                     -- Tad Hendrickson, JazzWeek
>
>''Vibrant jazz... dreamy interplay...  relaxed and warm... a welcome
>addition.''
>                     -- George Harris, All About Jazz: Los Angeles
>
>''This is the kind of young jazz the majors keep saying they are looking
>for
>but not delivering.''
>                     -- Chris Spector, Midwest Record Recap
>
>Radio Contact: GROOV Marketing
>Mark Rini - (877) 476-6832 x1 - mark at groovmarketing.com  -or-
>Josh Ellman - (877) 476-6832 x2 - josh at groovmarketing.com
>
>Interviews and Station IDs available upon request.
>
>visit http://antonjazz.com
>
>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>Send jazzproglist mailing list submissions to
>	jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
>
>To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>	http://lists.jazzweek.com/mailman/listinfo/jazzproglist
>or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>	jazzproglist-request at jazzweek.com
>
>You can reach the person managing the list at
>	jazzproglist-owner at jazzweek.com
>
>-------------------------------------------
>
>This week's sponsor: Anton Schwartz ''RADIANT BLUE''
>
>-------------------------------------------
>
>Anton Schwartz ''RADIANT BLUE''
>
>The tenor saxophonist and composer's strongest release to date ... at radio now.
>
>Featuring
>       Anton Schwartz  (tenor sax)
>       Peter Bernstein  (guitar)
>       Taylor Eigsti  (piano)
>       John Shifflett  (bass)
>       Tim Bulkley  (drums)
>
>''Sharp arrangements and crisp straight ahead playing that seems to hit
>all the right notes.''
>                     -- Tad Hendrickson, JazzWeek
>
>''Vibrant jazz... dreamy interplay...  relaxed and warm... a welcome addition.''
>                     -- George Harris, All About Jazz: Los Angeles
>
>''This is the kind of young jazz the majors keep saying they are looking for
>but not delivering.''
>                     -- Chris Spector, Midwest Record Recap
>
>Radio Contact: GROOV Marketing
>Mark Rini - (877) 476-6832 x1 - mark at groovmarketing.com  -or-
>Josh Ellman - (877) 476-6832 x2 - josh at groovmarketing.com
>
>Interviews and Station IDs available upon request.
>
>visit http://antonjazz.com
>
>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>Send jazzproglist mailing list submissions to
>	jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
>
>To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>	http://lists.jazzweek.com/mailman/listinfo/jazzproglist
>or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>	jazzproglist-request at jazzweek.com
>
>You can reach the person managing the list at
>	jazzproglist-owner at jazzweek.com
>
>
>Ron Gill
>-------------------------------------------
>
>This week's sponsor: Anton Schwartz ''RADIANT BLUE''
>
>-------------------------------------------
>
>Anton Schwartz ''RADIANT BLUE''
>
>The tenor saxophonist and composer's strongest release to date ... at radio now.
>
>Featuring
>       Anton Schwartz  (tenor sax)
>       Peter Bernstein  (guitar)
>       Taylor Eigsti  (piano)
>       John Shifflett  (bass)
>       Tim Bulkley  (drums)
>
>''Sharp arrangements and crisp straight ahead playing that seems to hit
>all the right notes.''
>                     -- Tad Hendrickson, JazzWeek
>
>''Vibrant jazz... dreamy interplay...  relaxed and warm... a welcome addition.''
>                     -- George Harris, All About Jazz: Los Angeles
>
>''This is the kind of young jazz the majors keep saying they are looking for
>but not delivering.''
>                     -- Chris Spector, Midwest Record Recap
>
>Radio Contact: GROOV Marketing
>Mark Rini - (877) 476-6832 x1 - mark at groovmarketing.com  -or-
>Josh Ellman - (877) 476-6832 x2 - josh at groovmarketing.com
>
>Interviews and Station IDs available upon request.
>
>visit http://antonjazz.com
>
>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
>Send jazzproglist mailing list submissions to
>	jazzproglist at jazzweek.com
>
>To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>	http://lists.jazzweek.com/mailman/listinfo/jazzproglist
>or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>	jazzproglist-request at jazzweek.com
>
>You can reach the person managing the list at
>	jazzproglist-owner at jazzweek.com
>
>  
>



More information about the jazzproglist mailing list