[JPL] Walter Becker blindfold

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 10 14:57:32 EDT 2006

Speaking from my experience as a recording engineer, the most
annoying sound you can get from a soprano is from the bell.  The best
sound is achieved by placing a mic around the area of the right
hand.   The absolute worst sound (comparable to nails on blackboard)
is achieved with a clip on mic on the bell.

Jim Wilke
Jazz After Hours, PRI
www.jazzafterhours.org