[JPL] Walter Becker blindfold

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 10 15:46:15 EDT 2006

I suppose it's like learning a foreign language, when you progress
from translating from one language to another and begin to think in
the new language.   In a case like this it's probably a matter of
thinking in terms of pitch, instead of transposing the written notes
to the keys of the instrument.  In both cases it takes too long to
translate/transpose to become fluent.

By the way, there's a podcast of Steve and Ingrid Jensen and Bruce
Forman on a club date I recorded at Jazz Port Townsend currently
available at http://www.kplu.org/jandb/wilke.html

Jim Wilke
Jazz After Hours, PRI
www.jazzafterhours.org