[JPL] (no subject)

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 11 11:10:27 EDT 2006

Jae,

I'm responding to your gracious feedback on my comments in today's JPL. Yes,
I am somewhat familiar with your core views re: jazz radio and I share them.

I've been thinking lately about a post you made several months ago regarding
the fact that during a fundraiser your jazz program actually bested the NPR
news programming on your station.  I'd like to follow up on that because, as
you know, we've been exposed to very few jazz radio success stories recently
and when there are success stories such as yours, they need to be followed
up on, studied and amplified among us.  I was a little surprised that no one
had pursued the subject with you, but I probably should have done so at the
time myself.

Perhaps you could elaborate a little about what you did that resulted in
your success in out-pulling NPR for pledges.  Not just what you did, but the
way you did it.  After all, it ain't what you do, it's the way
that....well, you know.

Best regards,

Bob Rogers

Bob Rogers