[JPL] Crisis! What Crisis?

Ed Trefzger ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com
Fri Aug 11 13:27:42 EDT 2006

> and i'll say it again:  how about taking the gloves off at IAJE and
> addressing the real issues...
> Crisis! What Crisis?
>
> ricky schultz

You've said it many times, and I think it is disingenuous to say that
this stuff is not discussed.

These topics were discussed at IAJE and have been discussed at even
more length and with much greater depth each year at the JazzWeek
Summits.  You may have missed some of the discussion while hosting
the panel session on making mistakes.

Music selection and amount of play -- how many records and how many
spins -- whether we are creating hits or not -- were discussed in
great detail and with some pretty good interaction, even though IAJE
committee folks and I believe you on this list said ahead of time
that it was a lame topic.

So I guess I'm confused about why you keep suggesting these topics
aren't addressed.

This year two of the three IAJE radio track sessions, which you are
invited to attend to see for yourself, will cover this topic.  One
will address the current actual and/or perceived crisis in jazz radio
and another will discuss how we program, select and rotate music.

And anyone with input on this can contact me directly if they wish.
Email is better because I get inundated with calls at times, but we
can set up a time to speak.

Ed
--
Ed Trefzger, Editor