[JPL] JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 8/11/06

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Aug 12 00:35:03 EDT 2006

JAZZ FROM STUDIO FOUR
Friday, Aug 11, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

FUNDRAISING MODE / STEVE NELSON (b. 8/11/1954)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Duke Jordan (d. 8/8/2006): Jordu, Osaka Cncert Volume 1 (Steeplechase)
Duke Jordan (d. 8/8/2006): Confirmation, Duke Jordan New York (Vogue)

8:20pm
Etta Jones: Fine and Mellow, Don't Go To Strangers (Prestige)
Reuben Rogers: Just in Time, The Things I Am (Renwick Entertainment)

8:38pm
Esperanza Spalding: Two if Blind See, Live From Studio One (ONLY ON 89.7FM)
Duke Jordan (d. 8/8/2006): Star Bite, Flight to jordan (Blue Note)

9:02pm
Steve Nelson; w. James Williams: Dolphin Dance, Out of Nowhere (Finas Music)
Joe Locke/Geoffrey Keezer: native son, Live in Seattle (Origin)

9:22pm
Luciana Souza; Romero Lubambo: So Danco Samba,
Live at Sanders Theater, Cambridge, MA (ONLY ON 89.7FM)
Etta Jones: Don't Go to Strangers, Don't Go To Strangers (Prestige)
Stan Getz; Duke Jordan: Time on My Hands, Stan Getz Plays (Verve)

9:41pm
Roy Hargrove: Trust, Nothing Serious (Verve)
Steve Davis: Marie Antoinette, Update (Criss Cross)

10:06pm
Charlie Parker; Duke Jordan: Another Hair-Do; Bluebird, Bird (Savoy)

10:18pm
Karrin Allyson: Con Alma, Footprints (Concord)
Eric Reed: I C H.N. (for Herbie Nichols), Here (MaxJazz)
Houston Person: Please Send Me Someone to Love, All Soul (HighNote)

10:39pm
Etta Jones: All the Way, Don't Go To Strangers (Prestige)
Hank Jones & Frank Wess: Something Went Wrong,
Hank & Frank (Lineage Records)
Duke Jordan (d. 8/8/2006): Jordu (Minor Encamp),
Duke Jordan in New York (Vogue)

11:00pm
Steve Nelson: The Second Time Around, Fuller Nelson (Sunnyside)
Kenny Barron; Steve Nelson: Golden Lotus, Soft Spoken Here (32 Jazz)
Steve Davis; Steve Nelson: Vibe Up!, Vibe Up1 (Criss Cross)

11:25pm
Dave Holland; Steve Nelson; The Winding Way: Dream of The Elders, ECM
Johnny Griffin; Steve Nelson: What Do You Do?, tthe Cat (Antilles)
Steve Nelson: Do Nothing Until You Hear From Me, Full Nelson (Sunnyside)

11:55pm
James Williams; Steve Nelson: Be Real Special, Willpower (Finas Music)

Only on 89.7! performances and recordings are exclusive WGBH Radio
productions and are not commercially available.