[JPL] Crisis! What Crisis?/ Getz & Trane

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 12 13:14:56 EDT 2006

  WOW!   Thanks for sending that link, Jim, that's a fabulous piece
of jazz history & footage.  These guys had sharply defined and
contrasting styles, yet I've heard they had high regard for each
other.  They both played better solos on other occasions, but still
it must have put them on their toes to be on stage together.   Like a
lot of JATP, this is one of those unlikely combinations that
demonstrates that they still have a common language.

Jim Wilke
Jazz After Hours, PRI
www.jazzafterhours.org