[JPL] Crisis! What Crisis?/ Getz & Trane

Jazz Promo Services jazzpromo at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 12 16:49:01 EDT 2006

Amazing what¹s out there...now if we can only turn up something with Wes &
Trane...

  WOW!   Thanks for sending that link, Jim, that's a fabulous piece
of jazz history & footage.  These guys had sharply defined and
contrasting styles, yet I've heard they had high regard for each
other.  They both played better solos on other occasions, but still
it must have put them on their toes to be on stage together.   Like a
lot of JATP, this is one of those unlikely combinations that
demonstrates that they still have a common language.

Jim Wilke
Jazz After Hours, PRI
www.jazzafterhours.org