[JPL] Under the Radar (WSHA-FM - www.wshafm.org) 08-13-06

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 13 05:52:59 EDT 2006

1am
Skerik's Syncopated Taint Septet, Fry His Ass (Husky)
Sherman Irby, Organ Starter (Organomocs)
Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey, Improvisation for Four Saxophones, pts. 1 & 2
Art Blakey w/Lee Morgan, Moose the Mooche (Drums Around the Corner)
Randy Weston, african village bedford-stuyvesant 2 (african sunrise)
The Puzzlebox Experiment, Blind Man's Waltz (Just When I Thought)

2am
Kitty Margolis, Money (Left Coast Life)
Ari Brown, Lester Bowie's Gumbo Stew (Ultimate Frontier)
Susheela Raman, Light Years (Music for Crocodiles)
William Parker, Codex (Long Hidden: The Olmec Series)
Abyssinia Infinite, Gedawo (Zion Roots)
Ian Dogole & Hemisphere, Nostalgia (Convergence)
Art Ensemble of Chicago, Song For My Sister (non-cognitive aspects of the
city: live at iridiium)

3am
Tara Fuki, Cichy placz/Kapka/Poust/Modlitha (Kapka)
Kenny Wheeler, title cut (It Takes Two)
Wardell Gray Group, It's the Talk of the Town (Stan Getz & The Rare Dawn
Sessions)
Scott Hamilton, I'm Glad There Is You (nocturnes & serenades)
Bobby McFerrin/Herbie Hancock, What Is This Thing Called Love (The Other
Side of Round Midnight)
Lisa Hilton, City Streets (Midnight in Manhattan)
Eliott Caine, Peace and Love (Blues From Mars)
Moncef Genoud, Out of the Blue (Aqua)

4am
Ralph Alessi, Haw Hee (this against that)
Grismore/Scea Group, Cletus N'gugu (well behaved fish)
Vijay Iyer & Rudresh Mahanthappa, Forgotten System (Raw Materials)
Butch Morris, The Bartok Comprovisation (Dust to Dust)
Matthew Shipp, Are/Patmos/Gamma Ray/Milky Way/blue in Orion (One)

5am
Burnt Sugar, Justice X on the Flex (Blood on the Leaf)
Waldeck, Defenseless (Thievery Corporation: Abductions and Reconstructions)
Erykah Badu, Southern Gul
Pete Zimmer Quintet, Waltz for Opp (Burnin' Live...)
Kat Parra, Softly As In A Morning Sunrise (birds in flight)
Adam Unsworth, third time's the charm (excerpt this!)
The Jeff Gauthier Goatette, Heart Wisdom - for Thelma (One And The Same)
Madredeus, Pregao (O Espirito da Paz)
Bobby Previte, People at night, guided by the phosphorescent tracks of
snails, (The 23 Constellations of Joan Miro)

Bob Rogers
2816 Barmettler Street
Raleigh, NC 27607
WSHA - www.wshafm.org