[JPL] WRIR-Richmond VA "Bebop & Beyond with Mr Jazz" playlist 8-13-06

Giz Bowe girard.bowe at verizon.net
Sun Aug 13 21:26:05 EDT 2006

Posted on behalf of Mr Jazz, Mike Gourrier

A 4-hour show today as Mr Jazz fills in for the vacationing Mr Giz!

I post this playlist to:
rec.music.bluenote
rec.music.makers.jazz
rec.music.makers.trumpet
Jazz Programmer's mailing list

Adds and rotation plays are charted with CMJ.

Hour #1
Horace Silver/ We've got Silver @ Six/Hard Bop Grand Pop/Impulse
City Rhythm Orchestra/Walk on the Wild Side/Vibrant Tones/Limehouse
Winard Harper/Children of the World/Make it Happen/Piadrum/2006
Don Bennett/Valencia/Reaching for a Star/Madonis
Anton Schwartz/Marcel Marceau/Radiant Blue/AntonJazz/2006
Art Blakey/Oh,By the Way/New York Scene/Concord
Kat Parra/Alfonsina y el Mar/Birdsin Flight/JazzMa/2006
Pat Martino/The PhineasTrane/Think Tank/Blue Note

Hour #2
Gary Burton/La Divetta/Whiz Kids ECM
Ruben Rogers/Nearness of You/The Things I Am/Renwick/2006
Phil Woods/The Pawnbroker/This is How I Feel About Quincy/JazzedMedia
Mark Weinstein/O Nosso Amor/O Nosso Amor/Jazzheads/2006
Abbey Lincoln/How High the Moon/The World is Falling Down/Verve
Gerry Gibbs/Patrice Rushen/Faces Unknown/SMS Jazz/2006
Jackie McLean/The Griot/Fire &Love/Blue Note
Dr. Lonnie Smith/Simone/Jungle Book/Palmetto/2006

Hour #3
  Bill Cunliff/Do It Again/Imaginacion/Torii
Joe Lovano/Cool/Streams of Expression/Blue Note/2006
James Williams/Alter Ego/Alter Ego/Sunnyside
Eric Swinderman/Dede/In Pursuit of the Sound/Belle/2006
Carmen McRae/Little Butterfly/Carmen Sings Monk/Novus
The Brooklyn Repertory Ensemble/Little Big Sis/Pragmatic Optimism/360/2006
Donald Harrison,  Jr./Giant Steps/Paradise Found/FOMP
Bob Mintzer Big Band/My Foolish Heart/ Live @ MCG/MCG

Hour #4
Manhattan Projects/Fiddler on the Roof/We Remember Cannonball/Alfa-Evidence
Sean Jones/Roots/ Roots/ Mack Avenue/2006
Kenny Burrell/I Let A Song Go Out of My Heart/Ellington is Forever/Fantasy
Greg Pasenko/Summertime/Something Old,New Borrowed,Blue/BlueJazz/2006
Dee Dee Bridgewater/ Nica's Dream/Love and Peace/Verve
Chico Hamilton/Gotta Make Things Right/6th Avenue Romo/Joyous Shout/2006
David Murray Octet/Shoulda Had Been Me/Dark Star/Astor Place
The Vanguard Jazz Orchestra/Almost Always/Up From The Skies/Planet Arts/2006

Mike Gourrier, host
"Bebop and Beyond with Mr Jazz"
WRIR-LP 97.3 FM
PO BOX 4787