[JPL] Playlist UN Radio Bogota

Juan-Carlos Valencia hjun98 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 20:55:08 EDT 2006

Here are our Jazz playlists for the past 7 weeks:

Focus : New CD´s

07/02 Matthias Lupri           "Metalix"              Summit
07/03 Holiday
07/04 Mark Elf                 "Lift off"             Jen Bay
07/05 Larry Vuckovich          "Street scene"         Tetrachord
07/06 Carla White              "A voice in the night" Bright moon

Focus : Classic singers

07/09 Mahalia Jackson          "Live at newport"    Columbia
07/10 Ella Fitzgerald          "The songbooks"      Verve
07/11 Billie Holiday           "Last recording"     Verve

07/12 Sarah Vaughan            "After hours"        Verve
07/13 Nina Simone              "My baby just cares for me"   Grind

Focus : Trumpet players

07/16 Bill Coleman             "From boogie to funk"   Gitanes
07/17 Roy Eldridge             "Jazz & Blues No.35"    Barna
07/18 Kenny Dorham             "Jazz & Blues No.16"    Barna
07/19 Art Farmer               "The meaning of Art"    Arabesque
07/20 Holiday

Focus : Sax players

07/23 Ben Webster              "3 great saxophones"    BMG
07/24 John Coltrane            "The very best"         Atlantic
07/25 Art Pepper               "Jazz & Blues No.28"    Barna
07/26 Ornette Coleman          "On tenor"              Atlantic
07/27 Michael Brecker          "The nearness of you"   Verve

Focus : Piano players

07/30 Tete Montoliu           "Boleros"                Ensayo
07/31 Randy Weston            "Zep tepi"               Random chance
08/01 Denny Zeitlin           "In the moment"          Windham hill
08/02 Jeff Gardner            "Abracos"                Terramar
08/03 Jacky Terrasson         "Reach"                  Blue Note

Focus : New CD´s

08/06 Roger Davidson           "Boleros y rumbas"      Soundbrush
08/07 Holiday
08/08 Michael Feinstein        "Hopeless romantics"    Concord
08/09 Greg Murphy              "Orientation"           Murphasauris
08/10 Carmen Nikol             "De mujer a mujer"      Esmap

Focus : New CD´s

08/13 Shapes                   "The big picture"        Burning
08/14 Dave Stryker             "The chase"              Mel Bay
08/15 Lonnie Smith             "Jungle soul"            Palmetto
08/16 Tom Lellis               "Avenue of the americas" Beamtide
08/17 Joe Deninzon             "Live wires"             D Zone

"Jazz la Hora" is the daily, one-hour long show aired by National
University Radio (98.5 FM) in Bogota, Colombia (South America).

We present classic and modern music from the broad spectrum of Jazz,
including Dixieland, Swing, Bebop, Cool, Hardbop, Latin, Avant-garde,
Bossa Nova, Fusion, Neo-hardbop and most of today´s trends, except
for Smooth Jazz.

You can listen to us at :

http://www.unradio.unal.edu.co

Our schedule is Monday to Thursdays at 9 pm (local). That´s 9 pm EST.
And Sundays at 8 pm. (9 pm EST)

We enjoy showcasing new music, both by big names and by
lesser-known but talented artists, so if you're a musician or label
representative and would like to send us a sample of your work,
please address it to :

Juan Carlos Valencia
UN Radio
Calle 29 #4A-49. 1001