[JPL] Straight No Chaser (WSHA-FM - www.wshafm.org) 08-16-06

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 16 23:52:39 EDT 2006

8pm
Thomas Chapin Trio, Ticket To Ride (ride)
Pete Zimmer Quintet, Doin' Somethin' (Burnin' Live at Jazz Standard)
World Saxophone Quartet, title cut (Political Blues)
The JB Horns, Picture on the Wall (I Like It Like That)
Wood Brothers, One More Day (Ways Not To Lose)
Sherman Irby, title cut (Organ Starter)
Kat Parra, title cut (Birds in Flight)
Harvie S, Earthquake (Funky Cha)

9pm
Enrico Pieranunzi/Marc Johnson/Joey Baron, These Foolish Things (ballads)
Ruby Braff and Ellis Larkins, Where or When (Two By Two)
Kitty Margolis, Spring Will Be A Little Late This Year (Left Coast Life)
Martial Solal & Dave Douglas, Here's That Rainy Day (Rue De Seine)
Toumani Diabate's Symmetric Orchestra, Mamadou Diaby (Boulevard de
L'Independance)
Randy Weston African Rhythms Trio, Blues Moses (Zep Tepi)
Ali Farka Toure, title cut (Savane)
Bob Brookmeyer New Art Orchestra, title cut (Waltzing With Zoe)

10pm
Esperanza Spaulding, Two Bad (Junjo)
Roger Davidson, Mi Amor (Pensando en ti)
Antonio Forcione & Sabina Sciubba, Visions (Meet Me In London)
The Joe Gilman Trio, Smile Please (View So Tender)
The Bob Lark Phil Woods Quintet, It's you or no one (in her eyes)
William Parker Quartet, title cut (Sound Unity)
Dave Frishberg, I Want To Be A Sideman (Do You Miss New York?)

11pm
Steven Bernstein's Millennial Territory Orchestra, Happy Hour Blues (MTO,
Vol. 1)
Mort Weiss meets Sam Most, I'm Old Fashioned
Duke Ellington & Johnny Hodges, Let's Fall In Love (Side By Side)
Larry Vuckovich Trio, Blue in Green (Street Scene)
Roberta Gambarini, Too Late Now (Easy To Love)
Pete Robbins, there there (waits & measures)
Fred Anderson, By Many Names (Timeless)
Heather Greene & Billl Frissell, Five Dollar Dress

Bob Rogers
2816 Barmettler Street
Raleigh, NC 27607
WSHA - www.wshafm.org