[JPL] Spike on the Levees

Jackson, Bobby Bobby.Jackson at ideastream.org
Thu Aug 17 12:31:26 EDT 2006

"When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts" by Spike Lee

According to the New York Times, Spike Lee is about to release a
documentary on Hurricane Katrina. HBO will show the first two hours of
"Levees" on Aug. 21 at 9 p.m., the last two on Aug. 22 at 9 p.m. It will
be shown in its entirety at 8 p.m. on Aug. 29. That's the same thing I
heard this morning on the news. Some of the cast members are Al
Sharpton, C. Ray Nagin, Harry Belafonte, Kanye West, Kathleen Blanco,
Sean Penn, Terence Blanchard, and Wynton Marsalis.

I've read many comments about the movie being intense and very
emotional. Anyway, here's the (blog)link I found in regards to the
movie. This is the best link out of all the ones I looked at. I hope
this helps.

Bobby Jackson
WCPN-FM/Cleveland, OH

http://journals.aol.com/bvmovieblog/BVMovieBlog/entries/2006/08/10/this-