[JPL] the good ol' days?

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 17 15:27:17 EDT 2006

On Thursday, August 17, 2006, at 11:13  AM, John Simna wrote:

> ...Is it April 1st already?  There are a lot of things I'm nostalgic
> about,
> and a lot of jazz LPs I can still remember the ticks from, but as WC
> Fields
> said...on the whole, I'd rather be in Phildalphia...
>
> John Simna

Ed, John -   I kid you not, it's the real thing.  I've heard something
like this used on a couple of tracks recently, one began with a needle
drop, lead in groove scratch, filtered 20's sound gradually fading to a
modern recording.  It's an interesting effect that could be used with
bands like The Sultans of Swing, Steven Bernstein's Millennial
Territory Orchestra or the myriad of Django bands to add an additional
artifact of authenticity to the sound.

Jim