[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Richmond VA Thursday 8-17

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Aug 17 21:43:46 EDT 2006

Here is WCVE-FM's playlist from tonight. Archived ta
ideastations.org/radio. We are now streaming our signal at our website.
Please diretc cd's for airplay consideration to the address below.

Thanks
Petre Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804-560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday August 17, 2006

(Kahn, Erdman, Ruso) Toot Toot Tootsie Goodbye - The Sound of Sonny -
Sonny Rollins - Riverside - OJCCD-029-2

(Clifford Brown) Daahoud - Alone Together: the best of the Mercury Years -
Max Roach and Clifford Brwon - Mercury/Verve - 314 526 373-2

(Phil Woods) Alvin G - Beyond Brooklyn - Phil Woods - Herbie Mann -
Machester Craftsmen's Guild - MCGJ 1012

(Jobim, Hendricks) No More Blues - Easy to Love - Roberta Gambarini -
Kindred Rhythm - KRM-CD-1122

(Arnheim, Daniels, Tobias) Sweet and Lovely - The Lineiup - One for All -
Sharp Nine - CD-1037-2

My Honey's Lovin' Arms / Goin' Home - Eddie Lang & Joe Venuti: the New
York Sessions 1926-1935 Remastered, Disc C - JSP Records - JSP 916C

(Reinhardt, Grapelli) Stephen's Blues / (Pinkard, Mitchell, Alexander)
Sugar - Django Reinhardt and the Hot Club de France Disc A - JSP Records
CD 904A

(Robin, Rainger) I Don't Want to Make History / (Stuff Smith) You'se a
Viper - Stuff Smith: The Mad Genius of the Violin Volume 1 - Jazz Archives
- 158912

(Les Brown, Bud Green, Ben Homer) Sentimental Journey - I'll Be Seeing
You: a Sentimental Journey - Regina Carter - Verve - B0006226-02

8:01 NPR News

(Feldman, Zito) Lisa - Plus - Cannonball Adderly Quintet Plus - Riverside
- OJCCD-306-2

(Vernon Duke, Ted Fetter) Taking a Chance on Love - Turned to Blue - Nancy
Wilson with James Moody - Manchester Craftsmens Guild - MCGJ 1022

(Ornette Coleman) Chopin - Encounter - Misja Fitzgerald-Michel - No Format
/ Sunnyside - SSC 3040

(G. Schuller) Prelude / (MacGregor, Mercer) Moon Dreams - Streams of
Expression - Blue Note - 0946 3 41092 2

(Heitor Villa-Lobos) Small Country Train - Brasilianos - Hamilton de
Holanda - Adventure Music - AM-1026-2

 (Oliver) I Could Have Told You - Travelin' Light - Shirley Horn - Impulse
- GRD-138

(Dave Brubeck) In Your Own Sweet Way - Keith Jarrett at the Blue Note: the
Complete Recordings - ECM 1580

9:01 NPR News

(Mack Gordon, Harry Revel) Don't Let It Bother You / (Fats Waller, Andy
Razaf) Honeysuckle Rose / (Irving Berlin) Mandy - Fats Waller at the Piano
- Bluebird - 09026-63926-2

(Johnny Burke, Arthur Johnston) Pennies from Heaven - Ruby Braff: In the
Wee Small Hours in London and New York - Arbors Records - ARCD 19219

 (Kern, Hammerstein) All the Things You Are - On the Trail - Jimmy Heath -
Riverside - OJCCD-1854-2

(George and Ira Gershwin) But Not for Me - My Favorite Things -
JohnColtrane - Rhino/Atlantic - R2 75204

(Jimmy Van Heusen, Johnny Mercer) I Thought about You - Piano, Piano -
Anne Ducros - Dreyfus Jazz - FDM 36 674-2

(Fletcher Henderson) Soft Winds - Art Blakey and the Jazz Mesengers at the
Café Bohemia - Blue Note - 7243 5 32148 2 1

(Ellington) Concerto for Cootie - Duke Ellington: the Blanton Webster Band
- Bluebird - 5659-2-RB