[JPL] PLAYLIST: The Next Jazz America on VOA

davispro at mindspring.com davispro at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 18 13:50:52 EDT 2006

davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b. # 259
new york,ny 10003
email...jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA… SHOW #741…19-20 AUGUST 2006
JEAN-LUC PONTY—the gardens of babylon (imaginary voyage)
MAUCHA ADNET-aguas de marco (the jobim songbook)
*Jean-Michel Pilc Interview Segment
JEAN-MICHEL PILC –cardinal points (cardinal points)
RUBEN ROGERS-ting for ray (the things I am)
CHARLIE PARKER SEXTET-quasimodo (1947)
LAIKA FATIEN-zigaboogaloo  (look at me now)
*Jean-Michel Pilc Interview Segment
JEAN-MICHEL PILC –so what (welcome home)
TRIO BEYOND-sevent steps to heaven (saudades)

JAZZ AMERICA… SHOW #742…19-20 AUGUST 2006
BIRELI LAGRENE-daphne (my favorite django)
MAUCHA ADNET-samba do aviao (the jobim songbook)
*Jean-Michel Pilc Interview Segment
JEAN-MICHEL PILC –west (cardinal points)
JOHN COLTRANE-I hear a rhapsody (1958)
HERBIE HANCOCK-king cobra (1963)
KIMBER MANNING-recipe for love (eventually)
*Jean-Michel Pilc Interview Segment
JEAN-MICHEL PILC –colchiques dans les pres (welcome home)
KENNY BARRON/JOHN HICKS-rhythm-a-ning (live in NYC-1989)

SHOW #743-744…26-27 AUGUST 2006
FEATURED ARTISTS & NEW RELEASES:
Roy Haynes-“Whereas”
Kenny Garrett: “Beyond The Wall”
Dave Samuels/Caribbean Jazz Project: “Mosaic”
Geri Allen: “Timeless Portraits & Dreams”