[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Fri 8-18

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Aug 18 21:53:01 EDT 2006

Here's the WCVE-FM Jazz playlist for tonight. Archived online at
ideastations.org. BTW, we are now streaming our signal and you can listen
to the jazz program 7-10 M-Fri. Please send cd's for airplay cnsideration
to the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804-560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday August 18, 2006

(Bob Brookmeyer) Lazy Man Stomp - The Al Cohn Quintet - Coral -
B0003935-02

(Duke Jordan) Jordu - The Definitive George Shearing - Verve - 314 589
857-2

(Irving Berlin) Love and the Weather - Let's Face the Music - Suzannah
McCorkle - Concord - CCD-4759-2

(Dizzy Gillespie) Blue 'n' Boogie - Walkin' - Miles Davis - Prestige -
PRCD-30008-2

(David Bixler) Good Deal - Call It a Good Deal - David Bixler - Zoho - ZM
200608

(Bernstein, Sondheim) Something's Coming / Maria / America / Taunting
Scene - Kenton's West Side Story - Stan Kenton Orchestra - Capitol Jazz -
CDP 7243 8 29914 2 7

(Chic Corea) Humpty Dumpty - Junjo - Esperanza Spalding - Ayva - 036

8:01 NPR News

(Duke Pearson) Bo - Byrd in Flight - Donald Byrd - Blue Note - CDP 7243 8
52435 2 3

(Ray Charles) Blackjack - Blues + Jazz - Ray Charles - Rhino/Atlantic - R2
71607

(Wes Montgomery) Sun down - Impressions: the Verve Jazz Sides - Wes
Montgomery with Don Sebesky - Verve - 314 521 690-2

(Lee Konitz) Ablution - Lee Konitz in Harvard Square - Lee Konitz - Black
Lion - BLCD 760928

 (Jimmy Knepper) Night Vision - Dream Dancing - Jimmy Knepper - Criss
Cross Jazz - 1024 CD

(F. Campo) Grey December / (Jack Montrose) Bockhanal / (Burke, Van Heusen)
Moonlight Becomes You - Grey December - Chet Baker - Capitol/Pacific Jazz
- CDP 7 97160 2

(Francisco Torres) Moon Pie - Soul of the Conga - Poncho Sanchez - Concord
Picante - CCD-4894-2

(Phil Woods) House of Chan - Hidden Treasures - Gary Smulyan - Reservoir -
- RSR CD 185

(Tracy, Tauber, Pnkard) Them There Eyes - Jazz Island - Ginai - Black
Hawaiian records - BHM 012005

9:01 NPR News

(WC Handy, Spencer Williams, M. Koenig) Careless Love / (Graham, Williams)
I Ain't Got Nobody /- Bessie Smith: the Complete Recordings Volume 1 -
Columbia/Legacy - C2K 47471

(Razaf, Hudson, Mills) Hotcha-Razz-Matazz / (Davis, Conrad, Robinson)
Margie - Jazz tribune No. 8: Cab Calloway & Co. - Jazz Tribune/RCA -
66496-2 07863

(Roy Eldridge) Las Vegas Blues - Flying Home: the Best of the Verve Years
- Illinois Jacquet - Verve - 314 521 644-2

(John Lewis) Spanish Steps - Dedicated to Connnie - Modern Jazz Quartet -
Atlantic Jazz - 82763-2

(Rodgers and Hart) Bewitched Bothered and Bewildered -  Anita Sings the
Most - Anita O'Day with Oscar Peterson - Verve - 829 577-2

(Warren, Dixon) You're My Everything - Tenor of the Times - Jerry Bergonzi
- Savant - SCD 2074

(Ralph Burns) Summer Sequence Parts 1-4 - Blowin' up a Storm - Woody
herman Orchestra - Columbia / Legacy - C2k 65246

(Michel LeGrand, Alan and Marilyn Bergman) The Summer Knows - Send in the
Clowns - Sarah Vaughan - Columbia/Legacy - 82876 80273 2