[JPL] DOBBIN'S DEN AUGUST 20, 2006

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Sat Aug 19 08:43:01 EDT 2006

BACKGROUND TO EDITION # 594

DOBBIN'S DEN

On today's show we hear from singers Bea Wain and Daryl Sherman, bassists Red Mitchell and Alex Bellegarde and pianists Mark Eisenman and Eddie Higgins plus a Thelonious Monk salute featuring Coltrane, Randy Weston, Dr. John, Roger Kellaway, Sameer Ramchandran and Dennis Mitcheltree.

HOST: LEN DOBBIN                                11am - 1pm

CKUT 90.3fm [Montreal]                        www.ckut.ca [real audio]

MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA             AUGUST 20, 2006

PLEASE NOTE NEW MAILING ADDRESS BELOW

KENNY CLARKE - FRANCY BOLAND

NOW HEAR OUR MEANIN' [COLLECTABLES]

Sabbath Message

DARYL SHERMAN

I'M A DREAMER AREN'T WE ALL [BALDWIN STREET]

It's Bad For Me

BEA WAIN

THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS VOL. 1 [BADLWIN STREET]

Do I Love You ?

Make It An Old Fashioned, Please

THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS VOL. 2 [BALDWIN STREET]

Trouble Is A Man

My Reverie

ALEX BELLEGARDE

CAMINANDO [JUSTIN TIME]

*A Blues or Not!

*Driving On A Rainy Night

RED MITCHELL - WARNE MARSH

 BIG TWO - VOL. 1 [STORYVILLE]

317 East 32nd Street

Little Willie Leaps

MARK EISENMAN

APPARITION [CORNERSTONE]

*Bird's Assurance

*Parker 102

ROGER KELLAWAY

HEROES [IPO]

52nd Street Theme

EDDIE HIGGINS

EDDIE HIGGINS [BLUE MOON / VEE JAY]

Zarac, The Evil One

*Blues for Big Scotia

THELONIOUS MONK with JOHN COLTRANE

THE COMPLETE 1957 RECORDINGS [RIVERSIDE]

Nutty

HAL WILLNER

THAT'S THE WAY I FEEL NOW - A TRIBUTE TO THELONIOUS MONK [A&M]

Functional (Randy Weston)

Blue Monk (Dr. John)

SAMEER RAMCHANDRAN

ROUNDABOUT [ROVERBIRD]