[JPL] playlist - "My Favorite Things" with Russ Neff for the week of August 20, 2006

MFT Jazz mft at mftjazz.com
Sat Aug 19 21:31:09 EDT 2006

  My Favorite Things for the week of August 20, 2006

New recordings by pianists Larry Vuckovich and Jonathan Batiste headline
this edition of My Favorite Things.

We also commemorate the passing of Brazilian composer Moacir Santos and
Philadelphia bagpiper Rufus Harley this week.

Join us for this week's edition of My Favorite Things
<http://www.mftjazz.com>.

This week's tunes:

I'm Walkin' - Cyrus Chestnut - Genuine Chestnut

No Bounds - Chris Walden Big Band - No Bounds

Kindergarten - Jonathan Batiste Trio - Live In New York

I Hear Music - Carmen McRae - Any Old Time

Oh, You Crazy Moon - Larry Vuckovich Trio - Street Scene

Rota - Moacir Santos - Choros & Alegria

Where Or When - Rufus Harley - Sustain

Every Day - Jamie Davis - It's A Good Thing

Cherokee - Modern Jazz Quartet - A Celebration

E.S.P. - Hal Galper Trio - Agents of Change

--

*Russ Neff
/My Favorite Things/