[JPL] PLAYLIST: 8-20-06 Sunday Jazz Matinee/WSHA FM 88.9

Benjamin Boddie bfboddie at msn.com
Mon Aug 21 10:35:29 EDT 2006

WSHA 88.9 FM
Raleigh, N.C.
www.wshafm.org<http://www.wshafm.org/>

Sunday Jazz Matinee
Ben Boddie
bfboddie at msncom<mailto:bfboddie at msn.com>

Noon
Buck Hill - Old Folks - Relax - Severn Records - 2006
D.D. Jackson - Nocturne - Serenity Song - Justin Time Records - 2006
Ken Song - Look For The Silver Lining - Goin' Wes - Primrose Lane - 2006
Antoinette Montague - Pretty Blues - Pretty Blues - CAP - 2006
Sherman Irby - Joe's Gig - Organ Starter - BWR - 2006
Brad Mehldau - Fear And Trembling - House On Hill - Nonesuch Records - 2006
Jamie Davis - I've Got The World On A String - It's A Good Thing - Unity Music - 2005
Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band - Attack of the Kill Tomatoes - The Phat Pack - Immergent Records - 2006

1:00
Dr. Lonnie Smith - Willow Weep for Me - Jungle Soul - Palmetto Records - 2006
Scott Hamilton - Flamingo - Nocturnes & Serenades - Concord Music Group - 2006
One For All - Sweet & Lovely - The Lineup - Sharp Nine Records - 2006
Freddy Cole - Because Of You - Because Of You - High Note - 2006
Winard Harper Sextet - Children Of The World - Make It Happen - Piadrum Records - 2006
Cedar Walton - Lush Life - One Flight Down - High Note - 2006
Maurice Hines - L-O-V-E - To Nat "King" Cole With Love - Arbors Records - 2006
Chembo Corniel & Andrea Brachfeld - My Little Swede Shoes - Beyond Standards - CAP - 2006

2:00
Dave Stryker - Mode For J.W. - The Chaser - Mel Bay Records - 2006
Caribbean Jazz Project - Portraits Of Cuba - Mosaic - Concord Music Group - 2006
Ramona Borthwick - Ottawa Thaw - A New Leaf - Whaling City Sound - 2006
Patricia Barber - Icarus - Mythologies - Blue Note - 2006
Eldar - You Don't Know What Love Is - Live At The Blue Note - Sony Classical - 2006
Luther Hughes & Cannonball-Coltrane Project - Green Dolphin Street - Second Helping - Primrose Lane - 2006
Tom Lellis - Pure Imagination/Waiting For Angela - Avenue Of The Americas - Beamtide Music - 2006
Jon Faddis - Waltz For My Fathers & Brothers - Teranga - Koch Records - 2006

3:00
Frank Morgan - Solar - Reflections - High Note - 2006
Gerry Gibbs & Thrasher Big Band - The Caribbean Song - Live at Luna - Whaling City Sound - 2006
Scott Neumann and Osage County - Neumannotony - Scott Neumann and Osage County - Chicken Coup Records - 2006
Kat Parra - These Old Feelings - Birds In Flight - JazzMa - 2006
David Bixler - Good Deal - Call It A Good Deal - Zoho - 2006
Houston Person/Bill Charlap - I Was Telling Her About You - You Taught My Heart To Sing - High Note - 2006
Gina - Days Of Wine And Roses - Jazz Island - Black Hawaiian Records - 2006
Mort Weiss/Sam Most - Donna Lee/Blues In The Closet - Mort Weiss Meets Sam Most - SMS Jazz - 2006