[JPL] PLAYLIST: "General Eclectic" WCVF-Fm 8/18/06

Tom Bingham mason2042 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 14:49:31 EDT 2006

I'm a little late posting this, as our Internet service went down on Friday.
The net sure is a wonderful thing - when it works! Listener favorites on
Friday afternoon were Steven Bernstein's Millenial Territory Orchestra
(neo-classic big band), the railroad songs of Rick Pickren, Panoramic
(people just love steelband music and jazz-fusion around here; combine the
two and you can't miss!), folksters Red Molly and Ask Your Father, Comoros
Islander Nawal, neo-"Flower Power" singer-songwriter Lullaby Baxter,
Bermudan techno/island band 1Undread, Setrak (Lebanese), the late Texas
bluesman Lil' Son Jackson (despite the provocative title for a 1950 track,
it turns out to be "Rock Me Baby" under an assumed name), the drum'n'bass of
Mashed Buddha, vintage mid-60's Woody Herman (great vocal!), the retro
bigband vocal stylings of Robin McKelle, and country guitar instrumentalist
Don Powell (I could happily listen to a whole CD by this guy). Eclectic
listeners, I'm happy to say. To the list:

HOUR #1:
Steven Bernstein's Millenial Territory Orchestra
  - Boy in the Boat - MTO, Volume 1

Aron Dees - Ride - promo disc for self-titled CD

Switchback - Looking At Love - Falling Water River

Cabal Breakers - Chocolate - Neurotic Overtones

Rick Pickren - Wreck of the Old 97 - Rails, Rogues & Wrecks

Panoramic - Panoramic - Rhythm Through the Unobstructed View

Red Molly - Long Gone Lonesome Blues - Never Been To Vegas: Live

Ask Your Father - Sweet Maggie Gordon - About the Old Songs

Nawal - Dunra Udjissa - Kweli

Lullaby Baxter - What's Wrong With You - Garden Cities of Tomorrow

Smithfield Fair - In the Air - Walking Through This World

Romeo Nelson - Head Rag Hop - Picking the Blues: Boogie Woogie Pioneers
(various artists)

Mashed Buddha - Dimension - Subdue Your Mind

HOUR#2:
1Undread - Spacemonkey Ina Jungle - Welcome to Bermuda

Kate Bowen - Losin' You - Bare

Blues Disciples - Dog House Blues - Live At the Big Bend Blues Bash

Setrak - Sahrawiyah - Layali Zaman

Lil Son Jackson - Rockin' and Rollin' - Volume 1, 1948-1950

Don Powell - You Wanna Ride My Train - Designed To Be Classics (various)

Darryl Tookes Band - Sacred Marriage - Journey to the Hieros Gamos

Woody Herman - Sonny Boy - Live Jazz from Club 15

Robin McKelle - The Lamp is Low - Introducing

Bodega - 9/8s - Bodega

Alvin Jett & the Phat Noiz Blues Band - Best Friend You Ever Had - Milk and
Cookies

Michael Garin - The World Leaders Name Game - Tulsa

Iona - Qu'avez Vous, Oui, Belle Blonde/Ton Bal Eured/Villancico
Pixiatu/Salee de Llanes - Branching Out (also on A Celebration of Twenty)

Mellani Day - Something To Swear By - Mostly True

Bryan Marc - Mectarean - The Whalehorse and the Carriage Maker
    -
Tom Bingham
"General Eclectic"
WCVF-FM