[JPL] Playlist KMHD Portland, OR "The Night"

TradeSecrets/Mancuso's TradeSecrets at comcast.net
Mon Aug 21 15:06:01 EDT 2006

Thursday Night 9-midnight 89.1 & KMHD.FM
The Night; Jan & Ric Mancuso

A very exciting new release by Portland native, bassist/singer/composer
Esperanza Spalding on AYVA Music (pronounces I-va) from Spain.  The label's
being distributed by Rock Bottom & radio promotion is

MICHAEL CARLSON 206 243 9989 - MCPRO at EARTHLINK.NET

Highly recommended!  Dan Ouellette just did a nice piece on her in Billboard
and Nate Chinen featured her in the NY Times a few weeks back.

Thursday August 17th ;

The Beat Goes On  Gabor Szabo The Sorcerer impulse
NEW Gbagada,Gbagada,Gbogodo,Gbogodo/Ft.Francis Mbappe  Luisito Quintero
Percussion Maddness rapster
NEW Trouble Man Dr. Lonnie Smith Jungle Soul palmetto

22 Stop Set
I Know How To Do It  Barbara Morrison I Know How To Do It chartmaker
Pick Up The Pieces  The Charles Earland Tribute Band Keepers Of The Flame
highnote

36   Stop set
NEW Phantom Dance Anton Schwartz Radiant Blue antonJazz
NEW Alay I & Pandangguhan  Victor Noriega Alay t & d records

54  Stop Set birthday tribute to Columbus Calvin 'DUKE' Pearson, Jr. 1932
Atlanta d.1980 at 48

NEW Make It Good  Anthony Wilson Nonet Power Of Nine groove note
Millie Blue Mitchell Boss Horn blue note
Empathy  Duke Pearson Sweet Honey Bee blue note
Cristo Redentor David "Fathead" Newman Davey Blue highnote

22   Stop Set
NW  Loro  Esperanza Spalding Junjo AYVA
As Warm as the Sun Bryan Vargas & Ya Esta Afro Latino Soul mofongo music

36   Stop Set
NEW organ starter sherman irby organomics bwr
Be Thankful For What You Got Wm DeVaughn Smooth Grooves Cruisin'Classics
rhino
Mean Streak Charlie Hunter Duo blue note

54 Stop Set
Speak Low Andy Bey American Song savoy
Pharaoh's Dance  Miles Davis Bitches Brew Sessions (Disc 1) columbia

22   Stop Set
Numbers  Smoke City Brasil 2Mil - The Soul Of Bass-O-Nova 6 degrees
Exploration  Steve Turre Sanctified Shells antilles
Missa Luba  Sanctus Missa phillips

36   Stop Set
Louisiana Bo Dollis & the Wild Magnolias Nawlin's Never Sleeps AIM
KatrinaDinner2006.com
Motherless Child  Ray Barretto Time Was-Time Is O music

54   Stop Set
NEW Natural Instinct Laszlo Gardony Natural Instinct sunnyside