[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM 8-21

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Aug 21 21:51:41 EDT 2006

Here's tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM. BTW we are now streaming.
Playlists are archived online at ideastations.org. Please direct cd's for
airplay consideration to the address below.

Thanks
Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804-560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday August 21, 2006

(Morton) New King Porter Stomp - A Study in Frustration - Fletcher
Henderson - Columbia/Legacy

(Mack David, Duke Ellington) I'm Just a Lucky So and So - Ella: The
Legendary Decca Recordings - Elle Fitzgerald  - GRD-4-648

(Irving Berlin) After You Get What You Want You Don't Want It - The
Complete Capitol Recordings of the Nat King Cole Trio - Mosaic - 138 Disc
2

(Wilcox) Flaming Reeds and Screaming Brass - Rhythm is Our Business -
Jimmie Lunceford - ASV / Living Era - CD AJA 5091

(Murray Mencher, Billy Moll) I Want a Little Girl - Oscar Peterson Trio +
One - Clark Terry - Verve - 314 558 075-2

(Cal Tjader) Chopsticks Mambo - Extremes - Cal Tjader - Fantasy -
FCD-24764-2

(Horace Silver) The Natives Are Restless Tonight - Song for My Father -
Horace Silver - Blue note - 7243 4 99002 2 6

(Steve Davis) Letter to Mary- The Lineup - One for All (Eric Alexander,
David Hazeltine, Steve Davis etc) - Sharp Nine - CD-1037-2

(Denzil Best) Wee - Sonny Stitt: Just in Case You Forgot How Bad He Really
Was - 32Jazz - 32051

(Lee Morgan) Mr. Kenyatta - Search for the New Land - Lee Morgan - Blue
Note - CDP 7 84169-2

8:01 NPR News

(Pat Metheney, Lyle Mays) James - Whereas - Roy Haynes - Dreyfus Jazz -
36694

(Thelonious Monk) Little Rootie Tootie - Thelonious Monk Orchestra at Town
Hall - Riverside - OJCCD-135-2

(Eddie Lockjaw Davis) In the Kitchen - The Eddie Lockjaw Davis Cookbook
Volume 1 - Eddie Lockjaw Davis and Shirley Scott - Prestige - PRCD-30009-2

(Lorraine Gillespie) Gone Again - The Bebop Singers - Dizzy Gillespie -
Prestige - PRCD-24216-2

(Frank Kimbrough) The Spins - Play - Frank Kimbrough - Palmetto - PM 2118

(Cole porter) Easy to Love - Easy to Love - Roberta Gambarini - Kindred
Rhythm -
KRM-CD-1122

(Raye, DePaul, Johnston) I'll Remember April - The Complete Pacific Jazz
and Capitol Recordings of the Original Gerry Mulligan Quartet and Tentette
with Chet Baker - Mosaic - 102

(Kern, Hamerstein) Nobody Else But Me - What Is There to Say - Joe Pass -
Pablo - PACD-2310-971-2

9:01 NPR News

(Johnston, Coslow) Cocktails for Two - Party Time - Arnett Cobb - Prestige
- OJCCD-219-2

(Bob Russell, John Benson Brooks) You Came a Long Way from St Louis - When
There Is Love - Abbey Lincoln, Hank Jones - Verve/Gitanes - 314 519 697-2

(Jimmy Heath) Big P - Cannonball Adderly Quintet at the Lighthouse -
Capitol Jazz - 7243 5 31572 2 7

(Freddie Hubbard) Little Sunflower - One Flight down - Cedar Walton - High
Note - HCD 7157

(Lorenzo Countee, Frankie Trumbauer) Troubled / (Andy Razaf, Fats Waller)
Honeysuckle Rose / (Ira Gershwin, Vernon Duke) I Can't Get Started - Bunny
Berigan: the Pied Piper 1934-40 - Bluebird - 07863 66615-2

(Razaf, Waller, Brooks) Ain't Misbehavin' - Ralph Sutton at St. George
Church, Brandon Hill, Bristol, England - Arbors Jazz - ARCD 19336

(Frank Loesser) I've Never Been in Love before - Three - Brian Swartz -
Summit - DCD 455