[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Tuesday August 22

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Aug 22 21:51:37 EDT 2006

Tonight's jazz playlist from WCVE Richmond VA. Online at
ideastations.org/radio. Please direct d's for airplay consideration to the
address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235

(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz playlist Tuesday August 22, 2006

(Duke Ellington) Rockabye River / (Harold Mooney, Irwin Taylor) Swamp Fire
/ (Strayhorn) Midriff - Duke Ellington Centennial Edition: the Complete
RCA Victor Recordings - Bluebird - 09026-63386-2

I Wish I Had a Dollar - Big Joe Turner 1947-1949 - JSP Records - 709D

(Coltrane, Chambers, Jones) John Paul Jones a.k.a. Trane's Blues - I Let a
Song Go out of My Heart - Antilles - 422-848 279-2

(Wayne Shorter) Sweet 'n' Sour - Caravan - Art Blakey and the Jazz
Messengers - Riverside - OJCCD-038-2

(Almira Castilho, Gordurina Castilho) Chiclete Com Banana - Around the
City - Eliane Elias - Bluebird - 82876 80228-2

(Cole Porter) Night and Day - People Time - Stan Getz and Kenny Barron -
Gitanes Jazz / Verve - 314 510 823-2

(George and Ira Gershwin) How Long Has This Been Going on? - A Little
Piece of Heaven - Gene Harris - Concord - CCD-4578

(Lester Young) Tickle Toe - Tough Tenors - Johnny Griffin and Eddie
lockjaw Davis - Jazzland - OJCCD-1094-2

(Avery Parrish) After Hours - Tuxedo Junction - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird
- 07863 61069-2

8:01 NPR News

(Charlie Parker) Ah Leu Cha - Timeless Portraits and Dreams - Geri Allen -
Telarc - CD-83645

(Joe Henderson, Laika Fatien) Shallows (A Shade of Jade) - Look at Me Now
- Laika Fatien - Night & Day / Body & Soul - BS 2533

(Woody Shaw) The Organ Grinder - In My Own Sweet Way - Woody Shaw - IN +
OUT - 7003-2

(Sammy Cahn, McCoy Tyner) You Taught My Heart to Sing - Houston Person and
Bill Charlap - High Note - HCD 7134

(Rodgers and Hart) Lover / (Vernon Duke) Autumn in New York / (Ned
Washington, Vic Young) Stella by Starlight - Bird: the Complete Charlie
Parker on Verve - 837 147-2

(Gus Kahn, Richard Whiting) Along the Way to Waikiki - Bing with a Beat -
Bing Crosby with Bob Scobey's Frisco Jazz Band - Bluebird/BMG - 82876
60142 2

(Quincy Jones, Dorcas Cochran, Henry Salvador) The Midnight Sun Will Never
Set - Further Definitions - Benny Carter - Impulse - IMPD-229

(Anton Schwartz) Groundsurge - Radiant Blue - Anton Schwartz - Anton Jazz
- AJ-1004

(Kenny Dorham) Afrodisia - Afro-Cuban - Kenny Dorham - Blue Note - CDP 7
46815 2

9:01 NPR News

(Andrew Hill) Subterfuge - Black Fire - Andrew Hill - Blue Note - CDP 7
84151  2

(W. Hart) Lullaby for Imke - Quartet - Billy Hart - High Note - HCD 7158

(Wycliffe Gordon) Get It Get It - Make It Happen - Winard Harper - Piadrum
- 0602

(James Brown) Make It Funky Now - So Blue, So Funky - Grant green - Blue
Note - 0777 7 96563 2 5

(Hermann Krasnow, William Lovelock) Chilly Winds Don't Blow - Four Women:
the Nina Simone Philips Recordings - Verve - 440 065 021-2

(John Coltrane) Mr. P.C. - Giant Steps - John Coltrane - Atlantic - 1311-2

(Mitchell Parrish, Frank Perkins) Stars Fell on Alabama - Lady in Autumn:
the Best of the Verve Years - Billie Holiday - 849 454-2

(Bock, Holofcener, Weiss) Too Close for Comfort - Intensity - Art Pepper -
Contemporary - OJCCD-387-2