[JPL] Re: Skerik's song titles

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 23 12:27:12 EDT 2006

So Russ, you're OK with saying "Go to Hell, Mr Bush"  and "Fry His Ass"
on Voice of America??
(or maybe the song doesn't fit.... ) Of course I respect artistic
license, but Howard Stern and other shock jocks kinda pushed the limits
of that much-maligned term. As a result terrestrial radio still gets
the attention of the FCC when so-called "naughty words" are aired.

To paraphrase Shakespeare (and Ed Murrow) I think the fault is not in
our Stars but in ourselves - although most listeners would only chuckle
or raise and eyebrow, there's always some listener somewhere who'll
take offense and fire off a letter to the commission and someone will
have to answer for it.

As for me, I just refer listeners to the online playlists where all
titles are listed.  I really do like the music and several of the
musicians in this band are friends of mine.  There are also several
bands in Seattle whose band names will probably never be mentioned on
any radio station... unless Howard played music, of course.

JW

On Wednesday, August 23, 2006, at 06:45  AM, davispro at mindspring.com