[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Wednesday August 23, 2006

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Aug 23 21:54:40 EDT 2006

Tonight's playlist frm WCVE. Playlists archived online at
ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks!

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday August 23, 2006

(Jackie McLean) Dr. Jekyll - Milestones - Miles Davis - Columbia/Legacy -
CK 40837

(Burke, Johnston) Pennies from Heaven - The Eminent Jay Jay Johnson Volume
2 - Blue Note - CDP 7 81506 2

(Bill Evans) Midnight Mood - Since We Met - Bill Evans Trio - Fantasy -
OJCCD-622- 2

(Rodgers and Hart) Johnny One Note / I Wish I Were in Love Again - The
Complete Ella Fitzgerald Song Books: the Rodgers and Hart Song Book -
MGV-4002-2

(Mary Lou Williams) Drag 'em / (Shayne) Mr. Freddie Blues - Mary Lou
Williams 1927-1940 - Classics - 630

(Robin and Rainger) Easy Living - Progressions: 100 Years of Jazz Guitar -
Howard Roberts - Columbia/Legacy - C4K 84642

(Milt Jackson) Off Spring - Here's Lee Morgan - Vee Jay - NVJ2-910

(Richard and Robert Sherman) It's a Small World After All - No Bounds -
Chris Walden Big Band - Origin - 82463

(Cedar Walton) The Rubber Man - One Flight down - Cedar Walton - High Note
- HCD 7157

8:01 NPR News

(Dexter Gordon) The Panther - Blue Dex: Dexter Gordon Plays the Blues -
Prestige - PRCD-11003-2

(Eden Ahbez) Nature Boy - I Didn't Know about You - Karyn Allyson -
Concord Jazz - CCD-4543

(Denzil Best, Thelonious Monk) Bemsha Swing / (Steve Swallow, Roy Haynes)
True or False - Whereas - Roy Haynes and the Fountain of Youth Band -
Dreyfus Jazz - 36694

(Beck) Tropicalia - Around the City - Eliane Elias - Bluebird - 82876
80228-2

(Robert Chappell) Orlando's Cha Cha - Rhythm through the Unobstructed View
- Panoramic - Rhythmic Union Records - RU 4868

(E. Drake) It Was a Very Good Year - Eddie Harris: Greater Than the Sum of
His Parts  - 32Jazz - 32067

(Ray Anderson) Blues Bred in the Bone - Bonemeal - Ray Anderson

(Mose Allison) I'm Not Talkin' - Mose Allison: the Sage of Tippo - 32Jaz -
32068

9:01 NPR News

(Norman Mapp) Blues in Bloom - The Rat Race Blues - Gigi Grice -
Prestige/new Jazz - OJCCD-081-2

(Bobby Troup) You're Looking at Me - Sunday at Iridium - Bob Dorough -
Arbors Jazz - Arcd 19305

(Paul Desmond) Take Five - The Essential Dave Brubeck - Columbia/Legacy -
C2K 86993

(Kress, McDonough) Danzon / (Fisher) Swingin' on the Strings / (Gaillard)
Palm Springs Jump - Progressions: 100 Years of Jazz Guitar - Carl Kress &
Dick McDonough / Ink Spots / Slim Gaillard and Slam Stewart -
Columbia/Legacy - C4K 86462

(Fiorito, Kahn) I Never Knew - Louis Armstrong: Highlights from His Decca
Years - Louis Armstrong - Decca Jazz - GRD-2-638

(Leroy Carr) How Long  - Blues by Basie/One O'Clock Jump - Count basie -
Collectables - COL-CD-6637/Sony 32018

(Freddie Redd) Debut - Piano: East/West - Freddie Redd - Prestige -
OJCCD-1795-2

(Billy Hart) Irah - Quartet - Billy Hart - High Note - HCD 7158

(Boogaloo Joe Jones) No Way - Discovery - Grover Washington, Jr. -
Prestige - PRCD 11020-2