[JPL] Passing of Maynard Ferguson

Eric Alan at Jazz Rendezvous eric at jazzrendezvous.co.za
Thu Aug 24 14:18:30 EDT 2006

It was with some great shock and surprise that I read of the passing of
Maynard Ferguson whilst presenting my show tonight and then letting the
listeners know. I've been fielding call after call from many of his Cape
Town fans. When in London some two years ago I had the opportunity to see
and meet with him at Ronnie Scott's with great SA pianist Bheki Mseleku We
enjoyed his show immensely and it was fabulous to chat to him.

Cape Town fans send condolences at this sad time to his family. The Boss
will be sorely missed.

Kindest regards,
See it . with your own ears
Yours in Music

Eric Alan

WEBSITE EDITOR, MUSIC JOURNALIST, BROADCASTER, Jazz, Music & Cultural
Consultant
"JAZZ RENDEZVOUS with Eric ALAN" on Fine Music Radio 101.3 Mondays to
Fridays from 19h00 to 20h00.
Editor: JAZZ RENDEZVOUS website: http://www.jazzrendezvous.co.za
Contributor and CD Reviewer to the ALL THAT JAZZ column in THE ARGUS every
Wednesday
Member: Western Cape Musicians Association
Member: SAJE (South African Jazz Educators Association) and IAJE
(International Association for Jazz Education)
Representative to the National forum for the promotion and development of SA
Music.
SAMA (Judge South African Music Awards)
Master of Ceremonies Cape Town International Jazz Festival and the Cape Town
Jazzathon and Athlone Academy of Music Festival
Postal Address: Postnet Suite 261, Private Bag X16, Constantia, 7848. Cape
Town, South Africa
Phone Mobil: 		27 - (0)21- 82 - 456 - 2195
Phone Office: 		27 - (0)21- 683 - 9845
Skype: 			ericalan2
Email:			editor at jazzrendezvous.co.za
Email Private: 		eric at jazzrendezvous.co.za
When in Cape Town or on the internet remember to tune in to Jazz Rendezvous
on Fine Music Radio 101.3 every day, Monday to Friday from 19h00. FMR
streams at www.fmr.co.za