[JPL] WWOZ staff visits KUVO

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Thu Aug 24 19:04:29 EDT 2006

Two members of WWOZ's development department have come from the Crescent
City to the Mile High City to spend a week with us observing how we conduct
day-to-day business in our development and membership departments. Our
Program Director Carlos Lando and our Development Director Tina Cartagena
have visited OZ several times over the past few years to help them establish
guidelines in each department, now they have sent 2 new employees to Denver
for hands on training and to garner tons of material to take back with them
to implement in New Orleans. This has been quite an experience for all of us
as the visitors have related their and their families experiences, the
effects of Katrina on WWOZ and combined with the Spike Lee special on
Hurricane Katrina it has really  changed our mindsets about what happened.

Earlier this year we had a WDNA development department member spend a week
with us and we also were visited by University of North Texas' KNTU to see
how we do things here, we are always willing to share everything we have
accumulated over the years to improve any station as others have done with
us.

Arturo Gómez
Music Director, jazz89KUVO
The Oasis In The City