[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Thursday 8-24

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Aug 24 21:42:47 EDT 2006

Here's tonight's jazz playlist from WCVE-FM. Posted online at
ideastations.org/radio. Please direct cd's for airplay consideration to
the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235

(804) 560-8171
WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday August 24, 2006

(Bill Holman) Invention for Guitar and Trumpet - New Concepts of Artistry
and Rhythm - Stan Kenton Orchestra - Capitol Jazz - CDP 7 92865 2

(Shorty Rogers) Infinity Promenade - Short Stops - Shorty Rogers with His
Orchestra - Bluebird - 5917-1-RB

(Kern, Hammerstein) All the Things You Are / (Gerhswin, Gershwin, Heyward)
Summertime - Warm Cool - Chris Connor with Maynard Ferguson Orchestra
(originally from album "Double Exposure") - 32Jazz - 32108

(Hammerstein, Romberg) Lover Come Back to Me - Dinah Jams - Dinah
Washington with Clark Terry, Clifford Brown and Maynard Ferguson - EmArcy
- 814 639-2

(Cole Porter) I Love You - Brass Attitude - Maynard Ferguson & Big Bop
Nouveau - Concord - CCD-4848-2

(Thelonious Monk, Bernie Hanighen, Cootie Williams) Round Midnight - The
Best of Thelonious Monk - Riverside - RCD-5706-2

(Wayne Shorter) Night Dreamer - Night Dreamer - Wayne Shorter - Blue Note
-CDP 7 84173 2

(H. Martin, R. Blane) The Boy Next Door - Progressions: 100 Years of Jazz
Guitar - Columbia/Legacy - C4K 86642

(Oliver nelson) Stolen Moments - Blues and the Abstract Truth - Olivre
Nelson - Impulse - IMPD-154

8:01 NPR News

(Hudson, Parish, Mills) Organ Grinder Swing - Fourmost Return - Jimmy
Smith - Milestone - MCD-9311-2

(Heyman, Sour, Eyton, Green) Body and Soul - Coleman Hawkins a
Retrospective 1929-1963 - Bluebird - 07863 66617-2

(Ornette Coleman) The Blessing - The Avant Garde - John Coltrane and Don
Cherry - Atlantic - 7 90041 2

(Billy Eckstine) I Want to Talk about You - Newport '63 - John Coltrane -
Impulse - GRD-128

(Harold Arlen, Ted Kohler) As Long as I Live - Ella Swings Lightly - Ella
Fitzgerald - Verve - 314 517 535-2

(Vernon Duke, Yip Harburg) April in Paris - The Lionel Hampton Quintet -
Verve - 314 589 100-2

(Mack Gordon, Harry Warren) I Had the Craziest Dream - Standards
Rican-ditioned - Ray Barretto - Zoho - 200610

(Phil Woods) Reet's Neet - Celebration - Phil Woods & the Festival
Orchestra - Concord Jazz - CCD-4770-2

9:01 NPR News

Mediatacao - Joao Gilberto in Tokyo - Verve - B0002545-02

(Moacir Santos) Ricaom - Choros & Alegria - Moacir Santos - Adventure
Music - 1022-2

(Hamilton de Holanda) Pedra da Macumba - Brasilianos - Hamilton de Holanda
- Adventure Music - AM 1026-2

(Buddy Johnson) Save Your Love from Me - Around the City - Eliane Elias -
Bluebird - 82876 80228-2

(Art Pepper) Mambo Kayama - The Best of Art Pepper - Contemporary -
CCD-5714-2

(Walter, Hite) T-Bone Blues / (Weldon, Jordan) That'll Just about Knock Me
out / (Demetrius, Williams) Mop! Mop! - Louis Jordan and His Tympani Fuve
Disc B: 1941-1944 - JSP Records - 905B

(Harold Arlen, Ted Kohler) Get Happy - A Night at the Village Vanguard -
Sonny Rollins - Blue Note - 7243 4 99795 2 9

(Billie Holiday, Arthur Herzog) Don't Explain - Alive! - Carmen McRae -
Legacy - JK 57887

(Webster Young) The Lady - For Lady - Webster Young - Prestige -
OJCCD-1716-2