[JPL] Al Di Meola/Fusion

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 24 23:36:30 EDT 2006

I found out today that Al Di Meola is coming to town playing "electric" guitar in a few weeks. The first time he's done that in 15 years so fusion is making a comeback for sure. Does anyone know if he has a recording out with this band or who's playing with him? I would guess if he's touring like this again a recording is out somewhere or will be soon....representing this sound. Has anyone seen a recording of this band or know anything about this tour? It's funny because I just played Return To Forever's "Duel Of the Jester and the Tyrant" with Al burnin from "Romantic Warrior." Four calls came in that loved it....said I took them back..... and one caller saying they don't like smooth jazz and they were surprised I played some. Funny.

  Jae Sinnett