[JPL] Maynard - Triumphant!

Marilyn Harris marilyn at marilynharris.com
Fri Aug 25 01:47:45 EDT 2006

I just heard about Maynard Ferguson's passing last night and am totally
heartbroken. His recordings in the late 60s and early 70s had SUCH an impact
on my wanting to make music with a big band, and his obvious respect for the
fantastic musicians in his band and the phenomenal arrangers he hired... I
can only feel grateful to have his outrageous musicality and sheer love for
music as a model for me and my peers when I was growing up.

I love what Matt Keller, the webmaster of Maynard's site said:  "Maynard's
approach to music always brought to mind one word: Triumph."

I hope all you radio programmers are planning to honor his memory with love
and LOTS of spins!

Marilyn Harris
http://www.marilynharris.com