[JPL] LIST 595.doc

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 25 15:30:34 EDT 2006

       BACKGROUND TO EDITION # 595
       DOBBIN'S DEN
On today's show we hear a live session with George Shearing from 1966 as well as singers Roberta Gambarini, Kat Parra and Denzal Sinclaire. We also have the music of Charlie Parker played by Bob Lark-Phil Woods and the James Fleet-Drew Colley Quintet as well lots of Gershwin interpreted by people like Paul Motian and Woods and including a recreation of the original 1935 score for "Porgy & Bess"

HOST: LEN DOBBIN                                11am - 1pm
CKUT 90.3fm [Montreal]                        www.ckut.ca [real audio]
MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA             AUGUST 27, 2006

PLEASE NOTE NEW MAILING ADDRESS BELOW

OSCAR PETERSON
BIRTH OF A LEGEND [GIANT STEPS RECORDS]
*Swingin' Till The Girls Come Home
GEORGE SHEARING
LIVE JAZZ FROM CLUB 15 [REQUEST RECORDS]
Intro - Oh Look at Me Now - You Are There
Call Me Irresponsible
As Bach Would Say
THE GERSHWINS
PORGY & BESS - THE ORIGINAL 1935 SCORE [DECCA]
Overture
Summertime (Clara)
Gone, Gone, Gone
My Man's Gone Now
It Ain't Necessarily So
There's A Boat That's Leavin' Soon for New York
Summertime (Bess)
PAUL MOTIAN
ON BROADWAY VOL. 4 [WINTER & WINTER]
I Loves You Porgy
PHIL WOODS QUINTET
AMERICAN SONGBOOK [KIND OF BLUE ]
Summertime
BOB LARK - PHIL WOODS QUINTET
IN HER EYES [JAZZED MEDIA]
Charlie's Wig
JAMES FLEET - DRAKE COLLEY QUINTET
ON THE SHOULDERS OF GIANTS [NUBIAN TONAL SCIENCE RECORDS]
Chasin' The Bird
DUKE JORDAN
 FLIGHT TO DENMARK [STEEPLECHASE]
Jordu