[JPL] Ray Charles with Count Basie Orchestra

Kyle Warren kyle at wicn.org
Mon Aug 28 19:31:00 EDT 2006

This isn't much different than individual artists recording separate tracks
at various locations across the world only to have them mixed together by an
engineer in yet another location. This is done with far more frequency than
the "resurrection" recording process we're talking about below. And yet,
when its done well, its nearly impossible to tell.

Without a doubt, I'd prefer to see all the musicians crammed in a single
recording studio. But let's see what these people come up with. It may just
surprise us.

Kyle Warren
Operations Director
WICN Public Radio
Worcester, MA
90.5 FM - HD
www.wicn.org

Arturo wrote:

I read with disdain the current Jazz Week magazine's article that there will
be a new recording featuring the voice of Ray Charles accompanied by the
Count Basie (ghost) Orchestra due to the electronic coupling of both. I am
not a fan of these synthetic creations like Nat and Natalie and others. I
ask myself what's next, Shirley Horn and Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong and
Jimmie Lunceford Orchestra, Peggy Lee and Artie Shaw?????

Arturo Gómez
Music Director, jazz89KUVO
The Oasis In The City
Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station