[JPL] Ray Charles with Count Basie Orchestra

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Mon Aug 28 21:37:12 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/28/2006 8:39:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jturton at comcast.net writes:

<<..Dead musicians collaborating via Pro
tools or any  other piece of modern recording software is just  weird..>>

I couldn't agree more; in fact, it's ghoulish. At least with Nat +  Natalie,
one was alive and there was both a loving connection as well as the  oddity.
That was a once-in-a-lifetime production...or should have been.

Of course, maybe it will be followed by Judy + Lisa, Frank + Frank. But to
me, Nat + Nat should have been unique. Ray and Basie? Down for the count, in my
 book.

Ed