[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Richmond VA Monday 8-28

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Aug 28 21:49:54 EDT 2006

Here's tonight's Playlist form WCVE-FM Richmond, archived at
ideastations.org/radio.
Please send cd's for airplay consideration to the address below.
Thanks!

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday August 28, 2006

(Arlen, Koehler) Get Happy / (Gershwin) S'wonderful / (Gillespie, Daniels)
Cherry - The Complete Pacific Jazz and Capitol Recordings of the Original
Gerry Mulligan Quartet and Tentette with Chet Baker - Mosaic - 102-Disc 1

(George and Ira gershwin) The Man I Love - Oscar Peterson Plays the
Gershwin Songbook - Verve - 314 529 698-2

(George and Ira Gershwin) Of Thee I Sing - Best of the West Coast Sessions
- Stan Getz - Verve - 314 537 084-2

(Juan Tizol) Perdido - Deep Passion - Oscar Pettiford - Impulse - GRD-143

(Dave Holland) The Eyes have It - Critical Mass - Dave Holland - dare 2 /
Sunnyside - SSC 3058

(Billy Hart) Charvez - Quartet - Billy Hart - High Note - HCD 7158

(Eddie Palmieri) Slowvisor - Free to Be - Donald Harrison - Impulse -
IMPD-283

(Rodgers and Hart) Blue Moon - Music for Loving - Ben Webster - Verve -
314 527 774-2

8:01 NPR News

(Kenny Garrett) Beyond the Wall - Beyond the Wall - Kenny Garrett -
Nonesuch - 79933-2

(Larry Willis) Poor Eric - Right Now! - Jackie McLean - Blue Note - CDP 7
84215 2

(Wrubel,Magidson) I'm Afraid the Masquerade Is over / (Simons, Marks) All
of Me / (Ellington, Nemo, Mills, Redmond) I Let a Song Go out of My Heart
- Linger Awhile - Sarah Vaughan - Pablo - PACD-2312-144-2

(Roland Kirk) Mingus-Griff Song - Kirk in Copenhagen - Roland Kirk - Verve
- B0001629-02

(Ellington, Delange, Mills) Solitude - High Pressure: The Red Garland
Quintet with John Coltrane - Prestige - OJCCD-349-2

(James P Johnson) Twilight Rag - The Original James P Johnson 1942-1945 -
Smithsonian/Folkways - SF CD 40812

9:01 NPR News

(Razaf, Waller) Willow Tree / (Razaf, Waller) Honeysuckle Rose /
(Williams, Waller) Squeeze Me / (Hunter, Austin) Downhearted Blues - Bunny
Berigan: the Key Sessions 1931-1937 - JSP Records - 917 E

(Billy Strayhorn) Lush Life / Daydream / Raincheck - One Flight down -
Cedar Walton - High Note - HCD 7157

(Ed Breazeale) Control Yourself  - Just beyond - Ed breazeale -
edbreazeale.com

(Tadd Dameron) Focus - The Complete Blue Note and Capitol Recordings of
Fats Navarro and Tadd Dameron - Blue Note - CDP 7243 8 33373 2 3

(Benny Carter) When Lights Are Low - Falling in Love with Love - Joe
Kennedy Jr. - Black and Blue - 902.2

(Lewis, Young, Akst) Dinah - Ralph Sutton at St George Church Brandon
Hill, Bristol England - Arbors - ARCD 19336