[JPL] Ray Charles with Count Basie Orchestra

JeffKtpt at aol.com JeffKtpt at aol.com
Mon Aug 28 22:43:31 EDT 2006

I'll tell you what's wrong with it!
They erased the Ray Charles Orchestra recording with Ray,another words it
was already recorded with Ray's band. They saved his tracks and decided that
with the Basie (Ghost) band, they could make money  off the average  listener.
There was nothing wrong with the original Tracks. Concord just want to  make
money with it. Maybe I'm biased but the music and the magic of a band  playing
night after night with brother Ray will be lost in the translation. If  there
are morals in art this is truly a sin.
Being a member of that band and paying the dues that I paid with that Band
for nearly 20 yrs. I find it disgusting and loses the true Magic of  music.
                              Jeff Kaye (member of the Ray Charles Orchestra
1984-2003)
Jeff  Kaye
4320 Finley Ave. # 3
Los Angeles, Cal. 90027