[JPL] North Sea Jazz Festival - The Hague Years

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Tue Aug 29 09:41:55 EDT 2006

Jae Sinnett asked:
Has anyone else received this four CD box set of the selected radio
recordings from Radio Netherlands? It's truly amazing. The live performances
are over several years from the North Sea Jazz Festival and features
everyone from Miles to the Harper Brothers to Zawinul to Toots Thielemans to
Brubeck to Maria Schneider to Blakey to Buddy Rich to Diana Krall.
Wow....I'm not sure how or when we started receiving product from them but
this is a must for the collection. I'm curious to know what others think
that did receive it.

...It arrived last week here at WCLV.  It's an amazing collection, as Jae
says - a great variety of music from 30 years at the Hague (the Festival
moved to Amsterdam this year).
Some of the tracks will be too long for some stations, I suspect - nearly 20
minutes of Bobby McFerrin with Chico Freeman, for instance - but the whole
collection is not to be missed.

John Simna
jsimna at wclv.com