[JPL] Today jazz89 KUVO turns 21, Yeah! we're legal.

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Tue Aug 29 12:42:47 EDT 2006

It was on August 29th, 1985 that jazz89KUVO, "The Oasis in The City"
broadcasted for the very first time. It was from a makeshift studio with a
board a local commercial AM radio station had thrown away, it was in a room
that had egg cartons on the wall pretending to be an on-air studio. As good
fortune would have it, the FCC gave this day in history to be our first day,
serendipitous for a jazz station since it is the day Charles Christopher
"Yardbird" Parker was born.

This Thursday the 31st we will have our official coming of age party with
our own wine brand and others in a wine tasting party with Colorado beers
other than the most famous one, gourmet buffet, over 200 hundred invited
guests-major donors, studio and music club members, listeners and others. We
will also present the Winard Harper Sextet live in our Oasis Performance
Studio with Bösendorfer piano. You can listen to their performance via our
CD quality stream,
www.kuvo.org at 7:30pm, MTN time.

Paraphrasing the old Virginia Slims cigarette ad from TV, "we've come a long
way, baby!"

Arturo Gómez
Music Director, jazz89KUVO
The Oasis In The City
Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station
2006 & 2005 Jazz Station of the Year!!

PS On a sad note we all know that 8-29-2005 was the day jazz's birthplace
was changed forever.