[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Richmond VA 8-29

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Aug 29 21:54:41 EDT 2006

Tonight's jazz playlist from WCVE Richmond VA, archived a
ideastations.org. Please diretc cd's for airplay consideration to the
address below.

Thanks a latte,
Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
804-560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday August 29, 2006

(McShann) Hootie Blues / (Tiny Grimes) Tiny's Tempo / Red Cross - The
Birth of Bebop Volume 1 - Charlie Parker with Jay McShann / Charlie Parker
with Tiny Grimes - Charly Records - CPCD-8194-2

(Gillespie) Salt Peanuts / Shaw Nuff / (Charlie Parker) Now's the Time /
Koko - Yardbird Suite: the Ultimate Charlie Parker Collection - Charlie
Parker - Rhino/Atlantic - R2 72260

(Charlie parker) Blues for Alice / Si Si / Swedish Schnapps - Bird: the
Complete Charlie Parker on Verve - Charlie Parker - Verve - 837 147-2

(Harry Warren, A. Dubin) Lullaby of Broadway - Tony Bennet's Greatest Hits
of the 50's - Tony Bennet with Count Basie - RPM Records/Columbia/Legacy -
82876 84786 2

(Woode, McRae, Bird) Broadway - Trombone by Three - Kai Winding - Prestige
- OJCCD-091-2

(J. Robledo, D/ Terriss) Three O' Clock in the Morning - Go! - Dexter
Gordon - Blue Note - 7243 4 98794 2 3

8:01 NPR News

(Egberto Gismonti) Loro - Junjo - Esperanza Spalding - Ayva Music - 036

(Dave Stryker) Mode J.W. - The Chaser - Dave Stryker - Mel bay records -
MB 1012CD

(Johnny Burke, Jimmy Van Heusen) Here's That Rainy Day - North Sea Jazz
Festival: the Hague years - Milt Jackson - Radio nederlands - MJC040

(Greshwin) But Not for Me - Up at Minton's - Stanley Turrentine - Blue
Note - 7243 8 28885 2 9

(A. Dubin, H. Warren) I Only Have Eyes for You - Solo Time! - Erroll
Garner - EmArcy - 314 511 821-2

(Joe Scott) Here's That Sunny Day - Morning Joy - Joe Scott -
Joescottband.com

(Booker Little) Booker's Waltz - Eric Dolphy & Booker Little Remembered
Live at Sweet Basil - Terence Blanchard with Donald Harrison - Evidence -
22073-2

9:01 NPR News

(Eddie Durham) John's Idea / (Eddie Durham) Good Morning Blues / (Eddie
Durham) Topsy - Count Basie: the Complete Decca Recordings - Count Basie
Orchestra - Decca Jazz - GRD-3-611

(Duke Ellington) The Single Petal of a Rose - Duke Ellington Piano Solos -
Sir Roland Hanna - Music Masters - 5045-2-C

(Chris Potter) Vicissitudes - Critical Mass - Dave Holland - Dare 2
Records / Sunnyside - SSC 3058

(I. Kitchings, A. Herzog, Jr.) What Is This Going to Get Us / (Frank
Loesser) I Hear Music / (D. Roberts, E. Gold)  Practice Makes Perfect -
The Quintessential Billie Holiday Volume 8 (1939-1940) - Columbia - 47030

(Bob Zurke) Eye Opener - Ralph Sutton at St. George Church, Brandon Hill,
Bristol, England - Arbors Jazz - ARCD 19336

(Miles Davis) Walkin' - Reflections - Frank Morgan - High Note - HCD 7154

(Misja Fitzgerald Michel) Boundless - Encounter - Misja Fitzgerald-Michel
- No Format/Sunnyside - SSC 3040

(Buddy Johnson) I Wonder Where Our Love Has Gone - You Taught My Heart to
Sing - Houston Person and Bill Charlap - High Note - HCD 7134